future questions

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: future questions

Just my 2 cents.. a 180g is in no way "too big" for a pair of Oscars. They would do fantastic on their own, and should you luck out with a m/f pair, you could have some wee ones! Raph cats are cool, but I think they are a fish that stays hidden most of the time. I am a pleco fan, and do have a big Sailfin in a 180 with an O pair. Big frequent w/c needed for this tank, but if you keep it clean it works well.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: future questions

Just my experience......I've kept CL's w/ everything from Angelfish & Discus to Oscars & Jags.....never a problem.......they may be from SE Asia, but they prefer warm, soft, acidic water, so unless you are going for a strictly SA biotope, they will do well with Oscars & any other fish that prefers those water conditions....& they also have sub-ocular spines that can deal with just about any fish.....big cichlids learn REAL fast not to mess w/ them......they are also extremely fast, so can usually avoid conflict.......the only downside is that they are scaleless fish, so if any disease like Ich breaks out, meds must be chosen carefully.......they are also very efficient scavengers, & a school of them is quite impressive. The key to success with them is pristine water quality, which all aquarists should strive for anyway, & LOTS of room. They do grow slowly, but if given the proper conditions, they will thrive.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Josh7
  • Josh7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Josh7 replied the topic: future questions

So how about this wpuld it work 2 oscars sailfin pleco and 5 silver dollars?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: future questions

Provided you have extremely efficient mechanical & biological filtration & are willing to do 75% weekly WC's, yes. Bear in mind that compatibility w/ cichlids is never guaranteed.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds