Over stocking?

• LeafsFan
  • LeafsFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan created the topic: Over stocking?

I pretty much think I know the answer just looking for opinions and kind of hoping I'm wrong.

I would love a second Oscar I seen the black and white ones I'm not even sure what the name of them are lol. But anyway I really want one but I only have a 100 gallon that's being set up next week as a new tank for my Oscar I have now. On the 100 gallon there will be a filstar xp-xl that has a flow rate of 450 gallons per hour and I will also have an aquaclear 70 on there. Having 2 oscars in that would just be too much right?

Plus I do not want to effect the growth of the Oscar I have know

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Over stocking?

Are these oscars like the one you're talking about?

Just wondering if you've seen any like that in Canada. There was a recent siting in North Carolina.

But, yeah. 100 would be too small for two oscars. How do you like the oscars in the pic above BTW?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Over stocking?

Yup, 100GL is too small for 2 Oscars. You could have all the filtration in the world & it wouldn't matter, it's simply a matter of tank volume.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Over stocking?

If your looking for multiple fish maybe consider not getting the second oscar. Lots of great smaller to medium sized cichlids out there.... cryptoheros sajica, honduran red point, yellow acara, blue acara, adding them at the same time can reduce the chances of your o claiming thw tank.

• LeafsFan
  • LeafsFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Over stocking?

The oscars in that picture are really nice and I never saw them before, I wouldn't mind havinging one lol. The ones I am talking about are the black ones with the whitish stripes, there's a few of them in the November photo of the month voting. Thanks for the feed back I figured it was too small I just wanted to be sure. I definitely will not be getting a second Oscar then.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Over stocking?

Those are bumblee oscars (orbicularis)

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Over stocking?

crassipinnis also have a very similar body pattern to the orbicularis, but like Frank said the ones in the POTM are the Bumblebee.

Like this? Bumblebee

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds