Severus and Friends

• Poseidon2.0
  • Poseidon2.0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 created the topic: Severus and Friends

As I promised a few days ago to Lamm, I am posting a few photos of Severus Snape, the F0 Severum who is now currently sharing a tank with Poseidon. I finished a few weeks of preventative treatment as per Rocksor's suggestions, and then introduced the 2.75 inch severum to the 6 foot tank with a divider. It was there for a week or so, but the little guy was spending all his time foraging out with the big boys in the main part of the tank so I just took out the divider. There are lots of places to hide and he is faster and more agile than Poseidon, so I am not too worried about him. He is also a little too big for the O's mouth and there are also four Giant Danios in there for Poseidon to chase after.

These days Severus has been eating directly out of my hand. It is super cute to see him do it. Poseidon always tries to get in there for his share so I always must drop his food in at the same time in a different part of the tank.

Here is the big guy on his own. His color is really coming out nicely. Getting close to 8 inches now.

Here are my other two F0 severums: Harry and Hermione.

This is Harry

and Hermione

These are some of the tank mates of the second severum tank. I have 5 black skirt tetras and perhaps 10 or so neons. The black skirts, though very common, I haven't ever kept them before, and am enjoying them. Really competitive food gatherers and give the Sevs a run for their money. Quite voracious like I imagine their larger Characidae cousins the Silver Dollars are like.

Here is someone that needs no introduction.

Finally here is my 40 gallon planted community tank. I don't do anything too special for this tank. Some flourish pellets get inserted under the roots of some of the plants every so often and I put a grow light in. Not doing to bad in the couple of months that I have had it running. There are about 15 harlequin rasporas, two pearl gouramis, and two yoyo loaches (not all of which can be seen in the photo). Love the schooling fish. Was going to shut this tank down after I got Darth Vader/Capone, as I only really want three tanks running, but this one is really peaceful to watch and is very low maintenance.

So that's my crew at the moment. Happy to receive comments, questions, and/or criticisms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Severus and Friends

:woohoo: :woohoo: About time man!

They all look gorgeous. That last pic of Poseidon looks so pouty lol. Meanwhile, Severus has already nailed the perpetually confused expression all sevs seem to have. What a gorgeous little guy though. That's some impressive green iridescence on such a tiny little severum.

What camera setup do you have? Those pics are fantastic and I'm jealous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poseidon2.0

• Poseidon2.0
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Severus and Friends

Thanks! They are a lot of fun to watch. Can;t wait for them to get bigger.

I have a Nikon D-800 with a full frame zoom, Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED. I set the ISO at 6400+, which seems to work well in darker light and the motion of the fish.

I did a project abroad earlier this year and my work bought the camera for me. A great camera.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Severus and Friends

Wow! Those pictures do look amazing. I thought to myself, "Huh, I'll look that camera up. I'd really like one of those." It was like 30 times more expensive than the Sony I have now. :laugh:
The neons really pop-out in the pictures. The detail in Poseiden is wonderful.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Severus and Friends

Ben they all look outstanding...great pics man gonna try and set my camera up the same way. Ive been meaning to mess with the settings. Love how you have different schooling fish mixed in.

Darth vader looks great ! Give him a chickpea on me lol

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Severus and Friends

Great looking pictures and great job on your tanks, very natural looking.

• Poseidon2.0
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Severus and Friends

UNC-CH wrote: Wow! Those pictures do look amazing. I thought to myself, "Huh, I'll look that camera up. I'd really like one of those." It was like 30 times more expensive than the Sony I have now. :laugh:
The neons really pop-out in the pictures. The detail in Poseiden is wonderful.

Thanks. Yeah, that camera cost more than all my aquariums and accessories combined. Sure glad I didn't have to pay for it! :whistle:

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Severus and Friends

Great shots for sure. Poseiden is a beauty. Good colors on the little Sevs. Well done all round, congrats!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds