silver dollars

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: silver dollars

Guys these fish are soooooooo annoying if I removed them would it upset the peaceful balance in the tank? They do occupy dory's aggression and dusty chases them every now and then. Gonna add the heterospilus tomorrow was afraid if I remove the sd's then the little hetts would become targets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: silver dollars

Is the aggressive feeding behavior getting on your nerves? Are they skittish and freak out when you approach the tank? These are reasons why I got rid of mine.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:silver dollars

That's one of the few reasons I'm getting rid of mines also. Might turn your heteros into targets

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:silver dollars

I must be lucky then, because mine aren't even close to skittish. I can 'summon' them to the top of the tank because the think I'm going to feed them :lol: They are aggressive during feeding though but Adie knows how to boss them around, and to be honest they're mainly aggro to each other.

If they're annoying you that much then get rid of them I guess, but I've found mine to be a great asset to my 6ft tank. They're amazing as dithers and turned Adie into a pretty outgoing fish, whereas without them she was incredibly skittish and spent most of her time hiding.

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Re:silver dollars

i have 10 of them in my 150g along with an oscar, a pair of salvini and a female GT, everyone gets food even tho the sd's are like lawnmowers at feeding time. once you get to a certain amount of sd, the being skittish goes out the door and they prefer to play the begging game when you stand in front of the tank.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: silver dollars

I have 4 with my oscar and my oscar keeps chasing them.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:silver dollars

They arent skittish at all its the aggressive eating I mean these things are gteat looking and do not freak out I just hate over feeding. I probably am not over feeding that much I guess its just I always fed lightly and with them i have to feed just a little more. They are great dithers I agree

Gorgoroth that sounds like an pic worthy crew !

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: silver dollars

In fact, silver dollars are one of the few fishes that can survive the oscar's fierce eating because they themselves have a huge appetite.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:silver dollars

@Gorgoroth: Makes sense, I've got 9 of the crazy things. I know the min recommended is 4 or 5, but in my experience going from 6 - 9 they act a lot happier when they're in a bigger group.

I'm trying to talk my partner out of getting a 6x2 and putting 20+ SDs in there and nothing else :pinch:

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re:silver dollars

turtle lover wrote: In fact, silver dollars are one of the few fishes that can survive the oscar's fierce eating because they themselves have a huge appetite.

No oscArs and my sd aren't skittish

Lammergeier wrote: @Gorgoroth: Makes sense, I've got 9 of the crazy things. I know the min recommended is 4 or 5, but in my experience going from 6 - 9 they act a lot happier when they're in a bigger group.

I'm trying to talk my partner out of getting a 6x2 and putting 20+ SDs in there and nothing else :pinch:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds