fatguts found a friend

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: fatguts found a friend

:pinch: That's no good, but he'll hopefully start growing now he's in a better home. Only thing to be aware of is that stunting like that could make him more susceptible to health issues, so pristine water (nitrates <10ppm, no ammonia or nitrite) will be an absolute must for Tigger.

As an FYI, most oscars should be able to reach at least 7 - 10" (18 - 25cm) in the first year of owning them if they're kept well, some growing larger. There's other threads around about growth rate but from memory most O's take about 3 months to reach one inch in length, then should be able to grow an average of 1" per month until ~7 - 9", then they start to slow down.

Mine was ~6cm (2 - 2.5") when I got him in mid May. He's around 8" (20cm) at the moment. Henry would be half of Tigger's age and has a good inch on him, poor Tigger :(

Your friend must not have treated him well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roryson
  • roryson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

roryson replied the topic: fatguts found a friend

So i woke today and went downstairs to see how they are going and i find them following each other around swimming happily, im wrapped there buddies now haha

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: fatguts found a friend

That's great news. If they're roughly the same size and swimming together, that's a good sign. How do you like those filters?

• roryson
  • roryson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

roryson replied the topic: Re:fatguts found a friend

Hey unc-ch hows things? I had trouble locating any egg crate from where i live so ive had to buy it off ebay so should be here soon ive ordered my other power head as well the tank is crystal clean and peramiters are good. Going to do my first water change with tiggar today so hopefully he doesnt crack it to much. I may have jumped the gun with buddies but FG is swimming around now and tiggar has only nipped him once that i have seen

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds