Oscar and Jack are fighting

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Oscar and Jack are fighting

UNC-CH wrote: I remember a marine biologist on this forum pointing to a study on cichlid aggression.

You rang? :silly: I'm qualified as one but until I can land a job in the field not sure if you could really call me that... That study is interesting though. I'm assuming that particular size is large enough to be viewed as a competitor for food/territory/mates, but small enough that the larger cichlid is confident it can beat it in a fight.

Anyway, glad this has worked out. Putting some driftwood back into my 6x2 helped aggression calm down between my oscar and sev too. Gave the severum a territory to call her own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joeybsmooth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Oscar and Jack are fighting

That appears to be a 150 gallon "tall" tank, like they sell at my local PetSmart.

www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-150-gallon-aq...6/cat-36-catid-300013?_t=pfm%3Dcategory%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

Great price, but unfortunately the 4' width isn't ideal for big cichlids.

I agree with Dave that you should seriously consider removing that turtle from the tank. I used to have a red eared slider and they get much bigger than that and are very, very messy.

Good luck.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds