Upgrading to 200 Gallon

• Jauch21
  • Jauch21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11

Jauch21 replied the topic: Upgrading to 200 Gallon

Hopefully introducing them all at the same time would help. It would be nice to have a green terror or another jack that would stand up for itself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jauch21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Jauch21 replied the topic: Re:Upgrading to 200 Gallon

I could keep it for a short time, but the wife's conditions are eventually I have to sell the 100 gallon.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Upgrading to 200 Gallon

Jauch21 wrote: I could keep it for a short time, but the wife's conditions are eventually I have to sell the 100 gallon.

Ah yes the wife factor. Your not alone in having to answer to someone. Ive worn mine down over the years and currently have three tanks going with the last one being her idea for me to get! ;)

DMD123 replied the topic: Upgrading to 200 Gallon

If 'your' tank is in 'her' living room, make sure it stays clean. That has helped my wife accept my hobby quite a bit.
Here is my tank in my wife's living room:

• Jauch21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

It actually is in her living room and she'll only allow one. I'm still debating on just sticking with the 100 gallon as a one fish tank, or taking my chances with a 200 gallon and one or two tankmates

DMD123 replied the topic: Upgrading to 200 Gallon

I would do the upgrade. Even if you dont have a lot of tankmates you can do much more impressive displays with larger pieces of driftwood and decor. It will just make for a much more eye appealing tank.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Upgrading to 200 Gallon

"I could keep it for a short time, but the wife's conditions are eventually I have to sell the 100 gallon."

Wife's conditions? Do what I did......nod your head & agree & say "yes dear" & do what you want anyway. My wife didn't want me to get a big tank (125)...but I did...& I now have 5 fish tanks, although she only wanted me to have one. Put your big boy pants on....unless she's paying 100% of the bills, she doesn't have any right to prevent you from doing what you want & enjoying your hobby. I don't tell my wife not to go buy a new sewing machine or anything else related to her hobby (she quilts).........she works hard, so she should enjoy herself.......I don't go crazy spending $$$$$.....all my tanks have been bought used.......& I know how to save a buck, believe me......but that "my wife don't want it so I'm not doing it" stuff make me nuts. :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Jauch21
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

^^^^ best response so far. I like it. Any stocking suggestions Darth? Should I just stick with the O

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Upgrading to 200 Gallon

200 gal with just an oscar ? F your gonna do one fish get a trimac.... love oscars but that allot of tank.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Upgrading to 200 Gallon

If this were me? I'd be keeping the 100GL, wife's wishes be damned....& I'd keep one of these in the 200:

Impressive.......most impressive. :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds