Oscars and Turtles

• bish119
  • bish119's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

bish119 created the topic: Oscars and Turtles

I have two 7 inch Oscars living in a 100 gallon tank. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with getting a turtle for the tank for her. I was seeing if the Oscars and the turtle would be good roommates or if they are two aggressive to live with each other. If you know any information about it please let me know. With many type of turtles out there if you know what kind i should get as well that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Oscars and Turtles

The tank is barely adequate for the two fish let alone an even messier turtle. Not recommended.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Oscars and Turtles

Welcome to OFL. Turtles and cichlids don't mix. In addition, 100g is a small tank for 2 Oscars. At 7ins your fish are likely still fairly comfortable, but if you plan on keeping them healthy long term, a 6ft 150g tank will go a long way to helping the cause.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Joeybsmooth replied the topic: Oscars and Turtles

Many people around here are anti-turtle. While I have kept my Oscar with a turtle. My turtles have eaten a con and might have eaten a parrot. Also turtles are not surprise pets. For turtles you need to make a Basking area, you need to have to different types of lights , or one light that is like 30-50 bucks. It is a big todo. So if you get one, the person needs to know about before hand.

Note I love my turtle so I would never put turtle owner ship down . However you do have a lot in a small place, and you really need to think about all that it takes to take care of a turtle.

fishcube replied the topic: Oscars and Turtles

Actually the fly river turtle dont bask and are full underwater Turtle.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds