Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

• xxdkmxx
  • xxdkmxx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

xxdkmxx created the topic: Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

Hi guys, so i have a 6 inch Tiger oscar in a 55 gal tank. I recently got an albino (about 5 in) and the tiger will not stop hurting and bulling the albino. I tried moving all the stuff in the tank around, i also tried taking the aggressive one out for a bit (time-out) the albino is not fighting back at all and not moving very much, one side of its body is all peeling from the tiger charging. I dont know what to do because the only other tank i have is a 5 gal. I will post pics of my albino and i would love some input as to how bad he is and what i should do. Thank You

i dont know how to add pics from my computer. I would love if someone could help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

You cannot stop cichlid aggression from your tiger oscar, unless you get a 180g tank, and even then it might start up again. Heal up the albino and rehome the fish or simply donate the fish to someone who can take care of the albino.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

Please create an account on photo bucket (just type that into Google), upload your photos, then copy & paste the "IMG" code into your message on the forum, then we can see what's going on. It's very difficult to help without actually seeing what you're talking about.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

Rocksor has given you the only answer that is to rehome one of your fish. Oscars can recover reasonably quick from their injuries by simply maintaining pristine water conditions, what are your water parameters?

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:Albino Oscar Bullied. Side is all messed up

55 gallon is just to small of a tank for anything but 1 oscar, large SA/CA cichlids are very territorial so they need space kinda like trying to live with two territorial male cats in one house no matter how hard you try they just wont live together

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds