knife fish?

• earhtmother
  • earhtmother's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

earhtmother created the topic: knife fish?

I recently rescued a small bread and butter plate size albino oscar and a 12 In clown knife from a pet store where they were being kept in a rubbermade container. The only tanks I had available were two 30gallons so they have been separated up till this point but now a have a 60 up and running. Was wondering what the chances of reuniting them in the same tank together with a plecko for the bottom. The tank has a eheim canister filter and a large penguin outside filter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: knife fish?

Unfortunately the 60 gallon aquarium is just big enough for the Oscar. Unfortunately the knife fish will Get quite large eventually and there's no way you have enough room for this fish, not even the tank on its own would be big enough. So I would suggest you try and find another home for it as soon as possible. Try a classified ad, maybe someone who keeps fish like this will take it. But it will need somebody who knows what they are doing. I'm surprised the fish store didn't actually ask you about what you were going to put it in, they shouldn't have let you take it really.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: knife fish?

i agree with Penn, knife fish need huge tank... i had kept one in a 220 gal
that grew more than 2 ft in 2 years... further our lake (Laguna Lake) has plenty
of clown knife fish now... 3 ft and above, due to the irresponsible fish keeper who
release their fish unmindful of the consequences..

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: knife fish?

DRACO wrote: i agree with Penn, knife fish need huge tank... i had kept one in a 220 gal
that grew more than 2 ft in 2 years... further our lake (Laguna Lake) has plenty
of clown knife fish now... 3 ft and above, due to the irresponsible fish keeper who
release their fish unmindful of the consequences..

Wasn't that caused by the floods of the country?

Anyhow, oscars and knife fish may be okay under the condition that it is in a large tank or pond.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds