With a heavy heart

• Sosban Fach
  • Sosban Fach's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach created the topic: With a heavy heart

Hi guys been a bit absent recently, alot going on.

Anyway unfortunatly I My Severum (Severus) passed about a month ago now. I wasn't hugely keen on the little orange terror when we first got him as he wasmy wifes choice. He grew into a beutiful fish and I miss him sorely.

I beleive he died because he had developed what I think was fin rot, which I beleive he had signs off when we first had home over three years ago. So heres a breif report of my fishes demise in case someone with a Severum stumbles on this post in the future.

He took a turn for the worse when we moved house. I'm pretty certain the stress of the move triggered it. He battled on for a good 7 months, but the dieseise kept gaining ground. I bought a new RO unit with much faster flow to increase my water changes, despite the increed water changes his condition seemed to slowly worsen. In desperation I atempted to medicate with salt dips at first then I used Interpet anti fungus and finrot. I think the attempts of medication only sped up his demise.

I regret that I could not care for him effectivley in his time of need and I as much as I wnjoyedhavein him I don't think im going to get another severum anytime soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: With a heavy heart

Sorry to hear that, it's horrible when you lose fish, especially the ones you've had for a while.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds