Moved Tiggy to my 100 Gal.

• pupfishes
  • pupfishes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pupfishes created the topic: Moved Tiggy to my 100 Gal.

Hello All,

I moved my 4"+ Oscar to my tank with a 5" Red Severum, a 5" Blue Acara, a 6" Firemouth and a Tiggy is the smallest fish. For a few days he pouted in the corner and then as figured his appetite kicked in and now he's ruling the tank. Why is he so aggresive? All the other fish fight with him or swim away. They don't actually lock jaws but they open their mouths at each other. The Red Severum chased him around quite a bit but the tables have turned.

I would really like to see him mellow out as he is only 4"+ and he's not very nice.

I like to come home and watch my fish swim around and have fun. I don't like that Tiggy is being such the bullie. Every once in a while though my Firemouth lights him up and then he gives up and Tiggy ends up dominating. That bucket mouth is something else.

I've concluded that fish truly are unique. They all have their own personalities and levels of aggression but I never would believe that a fish barely over 4" would push my 6" Firemouth around, he "was" the tank boss. I am optimistic that things will mellow but concerned that the Firemouth will attack Tiggy and hurt him or that Tiggy will hurt the Firemouth and I like all of my fish.

Should I just be patient and let things go for another week. Sometimes the Severum will also light Tiggy up like he's had enough.

Cheers,
PF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Moved Tiggy to my 100 Gal.

There isnt't anything you can do about its aggression, except to separate the fish. It might go down, it might not.

• pupfishes
  • pupfishes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pupfishes replied the topic: Moved Tiggy to my 100 Gal.

I decided I would create some hiding spots and moved some rocks around. The tank has mellowed for now. It's way to much for him now to try and claim the various spots I've created in the tank and now he can't see all the fish at the same time so he is chilling mostly in one area. We'll see what happens and report back if anything news worthy happens. No report means good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds