2 tanks in same room. aggression???

• Tomfish_13
  • Tomfish_13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tomfish_13 created the topic: 2 tanks in same room. aggression???

hi , I have 100 gallon tank with two 6-7in oscar fish. I recently purchased another tank 55 gallons with two baby flowerhorns maybe 1 inch each. The two tanks are close enough so that the fish can clearly see each other. The 55 gallon with flowerhorns has been up and running for about 3 days the Oscar tank has been there for 6 months the Oscars started fighting a lot more than I ever have each of them even has a small chunk of skin missing on their side several scratches and lots of scratches on their chins from lip locking. The fighting only lasted a little bit later on that day they seemed fine with each other swimming side by side. I was wondering whether being able to see the other fish from there tank might have caused the aggression. The two Oscars have always got along although they are starting to get into their teenage years so more aggression is expected but I have never heard anyone talking about aggression from two separate tanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: 2 tanks in same room. aggression???

Hello and welcome to OFL. Fish do indeed see other fish in nearby tanks, and it will rile them up some. I would hazard a guess though that your case is coincidental, and your Oscars have taken to not liking each other. Tank is small for 2 O's, you will most likely have to separate, or rehome one. 100g will provide a good long term home for a single Oscar

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds