Ghost knife & and an Oscar

• Krissssssy
  • Krissssssy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Krissssssy created the topic: Ghost knife & and an Oscar

Hi everyone,

I've kept aquariums for around 7 years now and have had my oscar for 1 and half so I know that sometimes introducing new fish or having certain types can end badly but when my friend needed to rehome her ghost knife I couldn't help myself.
I have a 4ft that had pretty basic aquascaping with only a rock here and there. I have 2 kuhli loaches that have survived 4 years, a tank upgrade and numerous angry tank mates that had a few spots to hide so I know that it is possible to escape the oscar.
A couple of weeks ago I rearranged the inside and added a lot more hiding spots and inroduced the ghost knife.. at first the oscar was interested but the ghost knife found it's place and every thing has been okay since! I've been keeping a close eye because I still don't trust my oscar and have a back up tank if it starts to get ugly but i'm hoping the last few weeks of peace is an indication of what is to come. Would be great to be able to watch the ghost knife grow to a size where it was not food to the oscar.

Here's a couple of pics, looking forward to keeping you all updated on the progress :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Ghost knife & and an Oscar

honestly... i do not trust that monster oscar LOL!
good luck anyway... ghost knife is very slim and could easily fit to the mouth of that monster...

• Thank you received: 2

pops replied the topic: Ghost knife & and an Oscar

I have had a BKG with my oscars for a around 3 years now, do not expect to see him allot. long as he has a nice hole to hide in and oscar does not get him before he gets some length they should be fine, they are slowish growers and getting food to him can be problematic but are fun to watch when they do come out.

• Krissssssy
  • Krissssssy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Krissssssy replied the topic: Ghost knife & and an Oscar

pops wrote: I have had a BKG with my oscars for a around 3 years now, do not expect to see him allot. long as he has a nice hole to hide in and oscar does not get him before he gets some length they should be fine, they are slowish growers and getting food to him can be problematic but are fun to watch when they do come out.

That's awesome, good to hear they can live together.

Mine is about 3 inches at the moment.. Would you have an idea roughly of their growth rate? I actually can't find a whole heap of info on them!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds