gibbicep.

• steve ellison
  • steve ellison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

steve ellison created the topic: gibbicep.

can any one give me an answer how big is my plec which is as i have found from this web site is a gibbicep (not what the man in the shop told me it was ) going to get as i am now confused i thought mine was full grown mine is 4 years old and 10 to12 inches long now. i have a180 gallon tank so will it out grow the tank any ideas
thanks steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Bella replied the topic: Re:gibbicep.

They live for about 15 years and can get as big as 14 to 20 inches,i think theres 3 to 4 litres to a gallon so if im right with the maths it will be fine:) hope i could help!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:gibbicep.

You said your tank is 3 foot high. How far does the water come up. Even though your tank is 3 foot high, I expect your water doesn't quite come up to three for. If it doesn't, you can knock a considerable amount of that 180 gallons. A good example is with my tank. It is 6 x 2 x 2 but the water doesn't come up to feet, it comes up around 21 inches from the top. I often get people writing to me telling me that my tank is 150 gallons of not 125. Even though the dimensions work out 150 gallons, it only holds 125 gallons of water which is what confuses people sometimes.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• steve ellison
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

steve ellison replied the topic: Re:gibbicep.

thanks Bella that's just the info i needed :)
and Oscarfishlover you spotted my mistake you are spot on in my excitement at finding this site i over looked the space for my lighting and stupidly i used my original measurements for the tank before i had to make it smaller to actually fit the space i had so lets try this again and this time its water size not complete tank the size is 45 inches long 27 inches deep and 24 inches wide.
but to be honest i hope to move house before size could be a problem and when we move i will have my dream tank made anyway it will be made so size is not an issue.
sorry for the confusion and wasted time regard Steve

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:gibbicep.

Don't worry Steve, I know exactly what you mean. I've had people argue with me about my tank size. As if I don't know how many gallons my tank holds :P

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds