ill oscar tank m8

• pixiegirl
  • pixiegirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pixiegirl created the topic: ill oscar tank m8

hi one of my oscar's tank m8's isn't very well not sure wot is up with him all the other fish are fine water seems to be ok .
i have 3 other fish them same as this ill one i'm unsure on the name of them sorry
but there all fine this one has swollen eyes with blood around them and a very blood shot body any help to wot this could be and wot i can do to help him and is my other fish and my beloved oscars going to get it ?
here's some pics i've just taken of the ill fish .
:( plz help

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:ill oscar tank m8

I am having a few difficulties actually making out the photograph probably.. Could you possibly get some photos that show the fish a little closer and without that log in the background?

The eyes are certainly popping out and look quite cloudy . Cloudy eyes can be caused by nutritional problems and also parasites. It could also have Popeye. I think that Myxazin might be worth trying.. When you see your water is okay, exactly what are the readings? I think you should definitely carry out a water change whether you think your water is okay not. If you can quarantine the fish, do so. If not, you'll just have to to leave it where it is. Like I said, could you possibly take some more photos, in fact, send one to my personal e-mail

Penn@oscarfishlover.com

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• pixiegirl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

pixiegirl replied the topic: Re:ill oscar tank m8

ok thank you i have eamiled them to u

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

Test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. The first two should be on Zero, the latter could be anywhere from 10 upwards depending on your tank maintenance. I shan't be on until the morning because it is very late in the UK. I will have a good look through my fish health but tomorrow. But, it certainly doesn't look quite right does it? How long has this been going on for?

• pixiegirl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ok thank you for u'r help
i only notice him today about 3 hours ago he looked fine yesterday i'll do the water test tomo as i'm in the uk aswell so i no wot u mean about the time . i just hope he's ok over night
once again thanx for the help .

• pixiegirl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

hi i done some looking about and we've found out wots up with my fish
by the looks of things he has dropsy . we have treated the tank but doing abit more reading around and alot of people have said survival is unlikely :( i've only had the fish 5 days and like i said all my other fish look fine i'm keeping an eye on the tank . i can't do any water changes for 3 days coz of the treatment i will let u no wot happens with him thank u

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

I once had a tiger barber that had dropsey and that did not survive. Dropsy is not actually a disease, it's a symptom and that's why it's so difficult to cure. Not quite sure what kind of fish that is but I am assuming it is one of the scaleless type because normally with dropsy, all the scales protrude and the fish becomes bloated which is why it wasn't that apparent to me.

You are correct, a lot of fish to die when they have this condition, my tiger but didn't survive. If you want to try and save him then I would suggest giving him the best possible food and an ideal water conditions, that's about the best you can do. You could administer antibiotics if things didn't improve but this would have to be done by a vet and he would have to see the fish and I think it would be very very expensive. And once again, this will be guaranteed to work.

• pixiegirl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

well i'm sad to say but he just died about an hour ago :( :( so i'm a little sad
he was a Ornate Bichir
i will be keeping an eye on the tank for the next copule of days and i'm gonna keep up the treatment for the next 2 days just to make sure none of my other 3 bichir get it or my oscars then i'm gonna go a 50% water change on wednesday .
but thanx so much for ur help

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

Sorry to hear about that, it's really horrible when they die. Yes, definitely keep up the medication, that will hopefully kill anything off if there is anything nasty in there

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds