Pleco Suggestions?

• Thank you received: 0

dahona420 replied the topic: Re:Pleco Suggestions?

I have 2 veiled tigers and 2 albinos in my 150. I have a group of 3 blackfin catfish and 2 clown loaches that keep my protein waste under control. I have had the plecos before in with other oscar tanks and have not had good results. The pleco began to fight with the oscars when they reached the same size. Plecos also have an "armour" on their bodies and it is slightly spiked (very much so on the tail) and gets harder with age. By the time I took pleco out he had left scratches on everyones bodies. Hope my interesting experiance with plecos helps.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

hethen28 replied the topic: Re:Pleco Suggestions?

I had a pleco in my tank. My pacu seemed really interested in it and my oscar didnt even pay attention to him. So i gifured he would be ok. WRONG. ext morning i go top check on them and he was dead they had mauled and killed him. Thats when i learned you cant always listen to the guy at the LFS.:angry:

1 7.5 inch tiger oscar\\" my psycho\\"
1 7 inch pacu\\" brutus\\"

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Pleco Suggestions?

Unless I know the person who runs a fish shop, I take no notice of them. Most of the time, they talk a load of bollocks.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Pleco Suggestions?

yes i agree. They never seem to tell you anything that may put you off a buying a fish when it comes to size and aggresion

I can't get no sleep

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds