• Jerit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Jerit created the topic: They grow up so fast;

He’s Dirty Harry’s little growth strut;

two weeks ago;

Jerit - 25 - MO (USA)

As long as we have hope, we have direction, the energy to move and the map to move by, we have a hundred alternatives, a thousand paths, and an infinity of dreams.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:They grow up so fast;

Was there supposed to be a photo? Anyway, Oscars to grow very quickly, problem is, most people see a very small juvenile/baby. Why don't the fish shop owners to be responsible and put a big sign tank warning people that these fish are not like looking after a shoal of tetras, they require a little more thought before purchasing. Hey, if any of you want to help, I could send you some little cards that I had printed. It's basically advertising this website. I can send you a couple, maybe you could photo copy them onto card and cut them out. It be a good way of promoting the website and also trying to make people understand what it takes to look after one of these fish.

One of the fish stores that I use have got some of my cards, as soon as I get my new transport next week, I shall be distributing a few more around other shops in the area.

Why do I call it a fish store, it's called a fish shop here in the UK. I been talking to Americans for too long ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh:

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Bushgob replied the topic: Re:They grow up so fast;

Quite agree Penn these fish shops are only interested in the SALE and not the fish. I would love to have some cards and print a few, and yes hanging around yanks is very contageous, sorry Ken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brian, Im 43 and live in worcestershire.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

Bushgob wrote:

Quite agree Penn these fish shops are only interested in the SALE and not the fish. I would love to have some cards and print a few, and yes hanging around yanks is very contageous, sorry Ken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For some reason Brian, I thought you were from over the pond

Okay, if you send me an e-mail with your address, I shall send a couple of can't do. Have you got a scanner? That's probably the easiest way to get some the right size.

To be quite honest, a lot of these fish places down even though the first thing about Oscars. They can't do, some of the advice I've heard them giving out is just awful. If they will take some of our cards, that would be great. They can hand them out every time they sell an Oscar. Actually Brian, if you go into a shop, ask them if they got a website, if they'll take some of our cards, we will put a link on the website to see them

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:They grow up so fast;

hey Mates,

Why not post a copy here on the forum somehow so people around the world can simply print off their own?

by the way, most people here in the US call them Pet Shops, because most cater to all pet supplies, not just fish. There are a few "fish only" type places but those are mostly salt water /reef and the freshwater only tropical fish store is rather rare. The industry here has been taken over by big chains and driving the small independents out of business because the chains offer better prices. I myself do one better and often shop on line for even better prices as these on line sites dont need the storefront and associated overhead. (I shop alot on line without worry.) I guess we tend to call most retail outlets "stores" here with exception of Pet Shops. Anyway, few shops here would take or allow such a calling card and everyone here is worried about their stores policies and liability etc.

I ordered a 1GB secure digital card today for my camera so I can make some instructional videos for the site. I plan to make one specifically about the 600 series Marineland canopy, and how to work with it to clean a tank etc. Then I will make one on using a water python from start to finish. Spent another $200 for general fish supples today too, to complete my danio breeding project and the new 29 I am setting up. My wife sooo loves this all...(NOT!!) :woohoo: :P :laugh:

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

Joliet Jake wrote:

hey Mates,

Why not post a copy here on the forum somehow so people around the world can simply print off their own?

:

Now why didn't I think of that, what a bloody good idea.

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:They grow up so fast;

Oscarfishlover wrote:

Why don't the fish shop owners to be responsible and put a big sign tank warning people that these fish are not like looking after a shoal of tetras, they require a little more thought before purchasing.

I was in a fish shop yesterday and i was looking at a large oscar they had in there. This couple came over and started to tell me they had just bought a new big tank cause the 2 oscars they had been sold were growing so fast and out growing their angels etc. Now thats marketing - sell someone a fish that gets large then sell them a bigger tank. Worst part was they still hadnt been told how big they get or what to feed them (bad marketing). They were feeding them flake!!!!! Fish shops and workers eh!

I can't get no sleep

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds