• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Chowder created the topic: Growth Spurt

Got my baby Oscar four weeks ago...he was just over 1"

Four weeks later...

:dry:

can't get an exact measurement - but over 3" - under 4"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:Growth Spurt

Yes, Oscars grown like weeds. I bought some Oscars at around 2 inches back in March, they are now nearly 5 inches, in fact one of them is over 5 inches

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Growth Spurt

If you want to measure your fish a good way is to get one of those tape measures people use for clothes and measuring peoples waist etc. Tape it along the front of your tank. Your fish will soon get used to it and wont bother about it. To find length on fish wait till it swims along the front of the tank and take the front and back measurements at the same time. The difference is the length of the fish. If you want to be real exact take a photo and then work out the difference. Then remove the tape measurement

I can't get no sleep

• Thank you received: 0

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:Growth Spurt

delboybully wrote:

If you want to measure your fish a good way is to get one of those tape measures people use for clothes and measuring peoples waist etc. Tape it along the front of your tank. Your fish will soon get used to it and wont bother about it. To find length on fish wait till it swims along the front of the tank and take the front and back measurements at the same time. The difference is the length of the fish. If you want to be real exact take a photo and then work out the difference. Then remove the tape measurement

This is an excellent suggestion, I like it!;)

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds