Tough decision

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: Tough decision

Dory is really being a p.i.t.a she is really putting it to hulk. Im suprised because she really doesnt bother cichlids I figured it would die down seems like the hrp, het, and pearsei found some sort of pecking order they still chase each other but dory is getting worse and causing damage day after day. Today infound him like this. Hulk even though new has a fun little personality and would really like to see him reach his potential most importantly my son already said that he doesnt want to get rid of hulk. She wacked him so hard before I thought I heard it. Pics are horrible but he has a bunch of split fins scrap on his head and a gash on his gill plate. This after he just healed up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Tough decision

Poor little guy's looking pretty beat up.

I don't know what you should do. The simplest option would be to either rehome Hulk or Dory, but certainly not the easiest option. As much as I think Dory's awesome and I'd hate to see you get rid of her, if you have to rehome one of them I'd rehome her, considering how your son feels about the Pearsei.

The other options would be to a: see how it plays out, which I don't recommend if the aggression's getting worse over time instead of better or b: get either the Hulk or Dory into a different tank. Relocating Dory would be easiest - Hulk is going to need that 6ft swim space when he ends up Pork Chop size.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Tough decision

Solution is easy....…...get rid of the troublemaker.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Tough decision

Im thinking the same. If she doesnt outright kill him the stress will eventually cause health issues. Would be nice to keep jer but I really really dont have time for another tank.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Tough decision

That is tough, even though Dory is an original to your fish family, she is a problem in the community. After all the effort to find and get hulk, I think I would have to keep him. You could try a new Con that was not established in the tank if that is a fish you really want.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

funny the only one that seems to care is my wife who does nothing with these fish !

Any my son asked if we could try a bocourti told him that a boc and hulk may end up being to big for that tank.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Tough decision

I care! Man, I guess it's another trip to Staten Island for me. Ha. Ha. Maybe not this time. Would hate to see Dory go, but understand you have to make a tough decision once in a while.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Tough decision

My pearsei used to get picked on by a gold sev even though it was bigger than the sev. by quite a bit. They really are calm and peaceful at a small size and really dont get that bad as adults. It will likely make the perfect community fish. It will likely get killed by Dory at the current rate of aggression.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Tough decision

I agree with the majority, the aggressor would be the one to go.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

What would be some suggestions on what to replace her with. He really wants a bocourti

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds