new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

Nice tank for sure. Good to see big space for big(or soon to be big) Oscars. I have 2of those tanks, single Oscars in each. They do very well. Congrats!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bskelton0907
  • bskelton0907's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

bskelton0907 replied the topic: Re:new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

Its my 135. Im running 2 emp 400s, fx5 loaded with pond matrix and marinepro bio spheres, eheim 2217 loaded with the regular matrix, and a sponge filter rated for a 150 gallon tank. And thank you very much :)

• bskelton0907
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

bskelton0907 replied the topic: Re:new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

They oscar shares the tank with a firemouth and a school of silver dollars. Once my heros notatus spawn again and I can grow out some fry im going to add one to the tank

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Re:new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

in my place, every fish that sports a light color than the normal, they call them "ALBINO" i have a white pangasius, they call it albino.... lately, i just recieved 4 juvy oscars, light color, they call them albino... my point is... whether albino or lutino,
your fish is beautiful....

• bskelton0907
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

The thing everybody was pointing out when he was little is that his fins were completely see through and still are to this day. But thank you I appreciate it

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Re:new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

see-through membrane on the fins is normal... it is a sign the fish is healthy and growing...

some people thought that an Albino must have red eyes and no black edges on their at any given time while growing.... but for me... what the heck is albino or lutino? as long as the fish is healthy and growing.... who give a damn!

• bskelton0907
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

All other oscars ive owned were the lutinio line. But instead of showing the black in the fins they showed red around the fins. Its just from the research ive done hes showing all signs of being albino. But I understand where your coming from ;)

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

bskelton0907 wrote: He is indeed a true albino. Its the way the light hits his body that washes out his orange. In person his orange is very vibrant almost a red and pops. Im meaning to get a light that is no so bright because I can tell the led's hurt his eyes sometimes he wont come to the surface to eat unless the lights are off. His eyes are also very pink/deep red. Its also the way the light hits his eyes that make them look black. This is one of them fish that needs to be seen in person. But theres no offense taken at all. I ve been to other forums to ask for opinions when he was younger and all said true albino. As hes gotten older he has shown the signs of true albinoism. He hasnt come down with any mahor diseases but hes very subseptable to ick and knicks and cut he gets I have to be very on top of them because when he was little he would get cuts and scraps and they would become infected if I wasnt on top of it with meds. Usally oscars dont need meds to heal cuts and scraps but he does. I think his ammune system isnt as strong as other oscars which makes me believe hes true albino

I stand corrected then. Sometimes photography can make things look different than what they do do in person. Nevertheless, stunning fish. How would you feel about us using them in our gallery? Obviously you would be credited. It's good to get a large database of good quality photos together because a lot of people use the search images function and I know that we've got lots and lots of our photos that get a lot of traffic. I'm pretty sure we could get yours right near the top of Google.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• bskelton0907
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Go right ahead. Im 100% for it. If it lets people know the difference between the true albinos and melanistic/lutino oscars then im all for it. And thank you very much. Hopefully when I upgrade my phone then I cant get alot more detailed pics of him

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:new to the site. pics of my true albino and his tank

bskelton0907 wrote: Go right ahead. Im 100% for it. If it lets people know the difference between the true albinos and melanistic/lutino oscars then im all for it. And thank you very much. Hopefully when I upgrade my phone then I cant get alot more detailed pics of him

Thanks for that, that's very good of you, if you get any other really good photos than just put them on the forum and will use them where we can. What's your name? I need to put a copyright on the photos with your name so that if somebody does use them, at least your name will be displayed as the copyright owner.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds