Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen

Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210940

• Big-Ken
  • POTM
  • Thank you received: 156
Is anyone else going to go see it?? I'm such a dork I just bought my tickets for the Feb 10th 12:01 showing :woohoo: :woohoo: They are doing exclusive give-a-ways for opening day...........and before you ask no im NOT dressing up :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210957

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
See it I wont...

Im sure the 3D will be alright i guess but you couldnt pay me to sit through any of those atrocious 'prequel' films again....especially the one with jar jar binks. I was a huge fan growing up of the first three (who wasnt?!?), but watching the phantom menace when it came out was stunning to me to come to the realization midway through that it wasn't just not going to live up to the previous films, but was actually awful. The clones and sith ones were marginally better...but still terrible.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by johnnyphoenix.

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210958

• PiCkLeFiSh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I will see it. Who wants to miss pod racing in 3D?!?!

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210964

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Administrator
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 292
Yea, killing off Darth Maul in the 1st one was kinda stupid..... PM is really a childrens movie. No reason to sit thru it again.
THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210966

• Big-Ken
  • POTM
ljohnnyphoenix wrote:
See it I wont...

Im sure the 3D will be alright i guess but you couldnt pay me to sit through any of those atrocious 'prequel' films again....especially the one with jar jar binks. I was a huge fan growing up of the first three (who wasnt?!?), but watching the phantom menace when it came out was stunning to me to come to the realization midway through that it wasn't just not going to live up to the previous films, but was actually awful. The clones and sith ones were marginally better...but still terrible.

Johnny I completely agree with you and honestly I am only going to the 12:01 showing so I can get the exclusive toy and 3d glasses cause that's the kinda stuff I still collect. I really hope that this 3d project makes it to the origional 3 cause those are the ones I really care about seeing

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210994

• Noddy
  • Thank you received: 232
Please explain "episode one" to me.
I mean i indeed grew up with star wars, empire stikes back, and the return of the Jedi, but that were parts 4,5 and 6 .
Then came the "bad" continuation of the saga, the parts 1,2, and the missing piece of the puzzle and best one of 1,2 and 3,The revenge of the sith.

But i am waiting for the parts 7,8 and 9 to be made....
Not waiting for doing episode one again! :(
and not going to see that again, for i was disappointed the first time i saw it!
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Noddy.

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #210997

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 291
not sure if i will see it big ken. but it sounds like fun.

and i think you should dress up :cheer:
My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #211007

• Big-Ken
  • POTM
Noddy wrote:
But i am waiting for the parts 7,8 and 9 to be made....
Not waiting for doing episode one again! :(
and not going to see that again, for i was disappointed the first time i saw it!
In George Lucas's quest to squeez as much money as possible from the Star Wars franchise he is retro fitting each movie with the latest 3D technology and rereleasing them with there latest "this is how i origionally intended them to look" changes onto the big screen in order 1 per year for the next 6 years after which I'm sure he will rererelease them in a 3D box set on whatever is the highest quality home theater format available.

I really have little interest in the new 3 but I'm such a huge fan I can't miss them, I'm excited to see the origional 3 on the big screen since I wasnt born or too young to see them when they came out and had was a teenager and lost interest when he rereleased the last special edition. So this is possibly my last chance to see my 3 favorite movies (4,5,& 6) on the big screen again, even though I completely disagree with some of his changes
cebosound wrote:
and i think you should dress up :cheer:

I acually have a full sized Don Post replica of the Anakin pod racing helmet on display in my bedroom....................my wife really loves me alot and allowed me to do our bedroom in star wars and display my collection, l'll have to take pics and post them sometime
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Big-Ken.

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #211008

• Noddy
  • Thank you received: 232
Big-Ken wrote:

I acually have a full sized Don Post replica of the Anakin pod racing helmet on display in my bedroom....................my wife really loves me alot and allowed me to do our bedroom in star wars and display my collection, l'll have to take pics and post them sometime

Weren't you the one with the at-at and the at-st in his collection, or do i have you mixed up with someone else. :S :S
Those toys made me drool and i allways longed to have those.
But i had to do with a die cast at-at, but i love that one too!

Re: Star Wars Ep I in 3D on the big screen 2 years 2 months ago #211009

• Big-Ken
  • POTM
Ya I have a vintage AT-AT in my collection, it was in one of my tanks for a short bit but I was having horrible algae problems due to it so out it came. I also have a really tore up vintage x-wing that I plan to incorporate into a planted 30g with some rams and tetras for a "Dogaba x-wing crash" theme tank to go into my Star Wars bedroom
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds

Members Birthdays

No upcoming Birthdays