The Apprentice 2014

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL created the topic: The Apprentice 2014

I don't know whether anyone watches The Apprentice here in the UK. I love it, I'm absolutely hooked on and can hardly wait until the next series. Anyway, Mark Wright won this year and he's going to get a £250,000 investment to start an Internet marketing business with Alan Sugar. I must admit, I was quite surprised he chose this business, Honestly, is £250,000 going to go very far? You've got to start off quite small with only a few people in order to utilise the money properly, if you hire too many people learn all the money will go into wages because the money you make initially won't be enough, I simply don't think it's possible to suddenly start making thousands and thousands of pounds straightaway, there are 10 to have to build the business and that's going to take quite a while. They are dealing with small to medium-size businesses, these people don't have thousands and thousands of pounds at their disposal, they are not going to want to pay a lot of money just so they can get their website onto the front page of Google. Anyone with a fairly good knowledge of the Internet could quite easily help a business do this, I could help any local business get their website on the first page of Google, they wouldn't need to spend any money at all :-) anyway, time will tell I suppose

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: The Apprentice 2014

YES. I love it too. I thought he was chosen because he knows the market and he was very knowledgeable and passionate.

Its been a great series this year, my fave episode was the coach trip one. haha that was very funny

Haku, I knew your were good.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: The Apprentice 2014

Maybe they only showed us a small portion of his presentation. All I saw was him saying that he knew the market and he could help businesses.I had hoped to see a little bit more of an in-depth presentation of what he would be doing, but I suppose that wouldn't have been of much interest to the viewers. Having Alan Sugar Backing him is going to make all the difference in this venture. If he's handing over 250 K he's not just going to sit back and let them get on with it, no way Jose. He's going to make sure that it gets the best chance to do well. It wouldn't surprise me if he has his own expert standing by to help as well, we only see what they show us on the TV, there's got to be more to it behind-the-scenes.

A lot of what we see is done for the TV, you can't start a business in two days, is just not possible. Okay, he's got the benefits of The Apprentice TV show to promote him, everybody already knows him now. But people are still not going to hand over money unless they know they're going to gain from it. And he said he was going to be dealing with small to medium-sized businesses, his minimum fee would be £400 per month. That's a hell of a lot of money for a small business, I don't think they would be paying £5000 a year to a company like this. You don't need to be paying on a monthly basis, any decent search engine optimisation expert should be able to spend a few hours on your website and really help it get up the search rankings. Of course if you are dealing with complex websites then it will take much longer. But still, you're going to want to make a lot of money if you're going to be handing over hundreds of pounds each month. This is my area of interest, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on how he does and it'll be interesting to see where he is in a years time.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships

just random - www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-apprentice/8619027/The-Apprentice-where-are-they-now.html?frame=1948901

I know, I guess Lord Sugar is going to help him along. He will just be sat at a PC getting people up the rankings. I cant imagine a company spending lots of money but that hairdressers said it spent 3k a month at the moment.

That is mental. 40k a year

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds