Fishing

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Fishing

Where I am from, you learn to fish if you can hold a pole. We fish for bream, bass, crappie, flounder, speckled trout, white trout, red drum, and if you have a boat anything living in the gulf of Mexico. I rarely catch what I want, but had a sea robbin, sand shark, and stingray last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LeafsFan
  • LeafsFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Re:Fishing

That's awesome, we get flounder here too. During lobster season you can actually catch flounder and sell them to the fishermen.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Fishing

I always find it strange, that I can spend hours catching bull minnows for bait, to catch specks or reds, and at the same time spend hours with my tanks, and freak out if something is not right. I have killed a few in the hobby, and feel bad every time, but a typical fishing day using live bait means a dozen or more.

• LeafsFan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

I was thinking the same thing. This summer will be the first time I fished since getting into the hobby so it will be a little bit weird. I will have a tank full of wild injured fish ahahah just joking I'm pretty sure that's illeagal here.

• Thank you received: 3

Debow replied the topic: Re:Fishing

I grew up in Northern NJ and lived on a lake. My dad would take me out fishing all the time as a kid we even did fishing contests. I grew up catching bass, catfish, sun fish, trout, and a few others native to that area (can't remind their names). My husband also likes fishing. We recently went to lake Conroe in TX and we can't wait to be able to go fishing again. :)

Kytha Debow: jamberry and fish lover

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Fishing

Being a life long resident of Northern Ontario, of course I fish a lot. Lake Nipissing is the local fish factory here. The first fish I remember catching, I was maybe 4 or 5, was a good sized Northern Pike. My older bro netted it, flopped on the boat bottom and I screamed in horror! Scared the living s**t out of me! Then Dad says" we don't keep that" and chucked it back in. Then I cried some more!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• LeafsFan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Ahahah that's a good story. I've always wanted to go to ontario to fish pike. I heard there is good fishing there. Maybe someday. I have a story from when I was young I was at a fishing derby. Fishing from shore and I caught a good size trout and didn't have a net, so I swung around because I was standing at the bottom of a steep bank. Just as I swung the fish up on the bank he fell off the hook and started going down the bank back in the water. My father dove like he was making a baseball catch in the outfield and grabbed the fish. That same fish won be longest fish, and heaviest fish. I did good for myself that day lol.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Fishing

ive never been fishing

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds