My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

• proudmama19
  • proudmama19's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 13

proudmama19 created the topic: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

The First Photo is my Beamer! yes he is named after a car lol The second set id My cat Buzz who was bitten by a black widow a few motnhs back and we had to have his arm amputated! He was in horrible condition when we noticed it was not a sprain and he has been very close to passing away! Believe it or not IVE NEVER seen anything like what he went through till this day. Cant post pics of before surgery because i can tell ya its not anything great to look at. he actually lost his arm in my home before it was amputated thats how quick the poison attacked his small arm!!! Now though he is as happy as ever and he is fast and very very playful:) So heres some pics of my TRIPOD;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Miss Nicki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Miss Nicki replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

OMG... Poor kitty!!!

So his arm actually fell off at home???

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

Oh geeze! Poor guy! :(

Glad he made it and is happy with one less leg! :)

• proudmama19
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

proudmama19 replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

Yes hes great!!!! He's a natural born trouble maker;) still poking his nose where he shouldn't lol!!! Yeah actually Miss Nicki. We had taken him to a Vet who didn't even know how to diagnose what was happening with him! He tried to say it was broken. NOT if tissue it turning black and becoming like leather and oozing!! So we didnt take their medical services but we did get antibiotics from them to slow the progress of the poison! Which helped along with benedryl! We were waiting for our appointment with the humane society's Vet! which was about 4 days of waiting to get in!!! I had to clean him many times a day and constantly squeeze the puss out of the arm!!! It was like a horror film to do it!! His arm was already black within 2 days of him getting bit! His upper arm near his shoulder blade was good but the lower part of the arm where he was bitten everything was seperating from the good tissue. after about 3 days you could see straight through his whole arm!!!! bones and all!!! Halifax rushed me in and sent me home again with new drugs i guess and a cleaning agent for his arm!!! That day i went to mow my lawn. My daughter was inside the house. She ran outside and said "mommy buzz lost his arm" yeah i know! i ran inside and sure enough his half of his arm was missing just one lone bone sticking out!!! he had gotten his claws stuck in the bottom of the couch and pulled it off!!!! Gotta remember the lower half of the arm was already dead and was decaying!!!! within days!!! That day i begged them to let us drop him off!! They did and they amputated his whole arm! The one good thing that came from this is He is alive and that Halifax humane society is the only ones who would help. I didnt have 2000$ in my bank account!! They up and paid for his whole surgery!!! They saved his life for me! The reason why it took so long to get him in with the good vet is they had to approve me for the funds for his surgery!! No vet here does payment plans and will not help you unless you are a long time client. Every VET in FLORIDA wouldnt help me!!! i called for hours and days anything and everything!!! Finally found them. But i did have many Vets tell me their going rate for Euthanasia!!!! JERKS!!! LOL Sorry so long but its soo hard to explain! I couldnt deal with putting him down at 4 months old!!

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

Wow quite a story! Glad for you and tripod that you found someone to help!

• proudmama19
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Thanks Jason. Me too:)

• Miss Nicki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Miss Nicki replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

Holy Freaken Shit!!!

That poor baby! I think I would have freaked out about the time your daughter said he lost his arm...

I had a lab puppy once (RIP Daisy May) that my daughter took out to go potty... My daughter came running in to tell me "Mom Daisy has noodles in her poop"... The Pup had worms. No big deal right??? I still can't eat spaghetti noodles. Daisy was with me until this last Sept. She was almost 11 when we lost her! (Spaghetti noodles are not even allowed in my house. 11yrs later)

I am so glad you found someone willing to help... He sure is a cute kitty!

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: Re: My other Babies:) My 3 legged Buzz!

poor cat, looks happy enough tho!

• proudmama19
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

OOh Yeah it was pretty bad! Ya know though if i would have freaked out my kids would have even worse. So the whole time i had to try and keep my cool, not cry, and not break down lol.. Thats so sad! I wouldnt be able to eat Spaghetti either!!!!!! I agree with you not letting it in! Thats so sad Nicki! Im sorry to hear that! Its hard to lose an animal! Plus when your kids have to watch it, it makes it harder!! Now im paranoid of spiders! I notice a black widow anywhere!!! ! Im just happy it wasn't one of my kids. What a pretty name she had too!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds