Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221291

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
jnet wrote:
yep the older bulldogs looked more like a boxer crossed with a mastiff. :)

JP do you breed your dogs? I'm glad you seem to have success with british bulldogs and if in good health it would be nice to keep the breed going there are many dog breeds that have dissappeared over the last hundred years; it seems a shame that whole breeds are lost. Like the other day I found a book about the spitdogs, they were like a poodle crossed dachund it seems by description and the turned the spits in kitchens to cook food. As soon as not needed they went byebye and that seems sad; I guess they would have been a nice dog.

@JP I hope I dont offend you and remember I like cresties so what do I know about good dogs mine are nervous of strangers and dont really like kids :)

English bulldogs won't never go 'extinct.' The breed standard changes every so often. Nowadays it has been changed to promote less girth and weight, and smaller heads and less underbite, and a more prominent nose to diminish the brachiocephalic quality that causes breathing issues.

The Olde engligh bulldogge, which almost completely went extinct back in the early 1900's, is enjoying a resurgence. You can see how it was built to be used for fighting.

I prefer the more modern English bulldog. Shorter, stubby legs, wider girth, and more wrinkles. The Olde english looks more like an american bulldog, mastiff or boxer.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by johnnyphoenix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221293

• Miss Nicki
johnnyphoenix wrote:
jnet wrote:
yep the older bulldogs looked more like a boxer crossed with a mastiff. :)

JP do you breed your dogs? I'm glad you seem to have success with british bulldogs and if in good health it would be nice to keep the breed going there are many dog breeds that have dissappeared over the last hundred years; it seems a shame that whole breeds are lost. Like the other day I found a book about the spitdogs, they were like a poodle crossed dachund it seems by description and the turned the spits in kitchens to cook food. As soon as not needed they went byebye and that seems sad; I guess they would have been a nice dog.

@JP I hope I dont offend you and remember I like cresties so what do I know about good dogs mine are nervous of strangers and dont really like kids :)

English bulldogs won't never go 'extinct.' The breed standard changes every so often. Nowadays it has been changed to promote less girth and weight, and smaller heads and less underbite, and a more prominent nose to diminish the brachiocephalic quality that causes breathing issues.

The Olde engligh bulldogge, which almost completely went extinct back in the early 1900's, is enjoying a resurgence. You can see how it was built to be used for fighting.

I prefer the more modern English bulldog. Shorter, stubby legs, wider girth, and more wrinkles. The Olde english looks more like an american bulldog, mastiff or boxer.

My sister has Americans and Frenchies... That pup in the pic is adorable! :) :kiss:

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221447

• Noddy
  • Thank you received: 238
benmcfadden wrote:
Just buy a pug

It's just a matter of taste, so i'll stick to my Bull Terriers but i found how Pugs are made,Ben...

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221512

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
Miss Nicki wrote:

My sister has Americans and Frenchies... That pup in the pic is adorable! :) :kiss:

Yes it is impressive...although this is more my style--

The english bulldog is sort of like the Michelangelo's 'David' of the dog breeds. Although, I really do love all dogs.

Let me demonstrate 'Banana On Head." --

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by johnnyphoenix.

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221571

• Miss Nicki
johnnyphoenix wrote:
Miss Nicki wrote:

Yes it is impressive...although this is more my style--

The english bulldog is sort of like the Michelangelo's 'David' of the dog breeds. Although, I really do love all dogs.

Let me demonstrate 'Banana On Head." --

I would so smooch that face!!!
Banana on the head or not! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221612

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
Miss Nicki wrote:
I would so smooch that face!!!
Banana on the head or not! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

He'd need it...as you can see he doesn't like to play 'banana on head.'

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221716

• Noddy
johnnyphoenix wrote:
He'd need it...as you can see he doesn't like to play 'banana on head.'

I understand, but our dogs face's ask for making fun of them, from time to time. :laugh:
My Bull Terrier sure hates the Xmas antlers we have, and very year she gets mad at us, while we laugh at her.

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221774

• jnet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 176
sweet dog Noddy and jp; nice bulldog pics and good understanding, I do prefer the first type more though and I love french bulldogs but they cost loads here.

@Noddy nice pic of how pugs are made heehee :)

Here is clip of my nutty crew

All cresties but totally different :)
I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221788

• Noddy
OMG, those are looking incredibly funny, and i never saw those around in Holland.
Great dogs!

And yeah, all of these dogs will cost you an arm and a leg, that's why i started the thread with the title it has.
I wasn't even sure, if i could gather the funds needed, before they would reach the 8 weeks.
But SOOO glad we made it. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Can hardly wait to get that lil' one..... :pinch:

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221821

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 137
very pleasd 4 u noddy.. how is ur current bully with other dogs? i like the fact ul have 1 white one and 1 very dark one.. will look spot on

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 8 months ago #221909

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 291
well, did you get one yet noddy?
My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $? 2 years 7 months ago #224492

• dimmy
  • Junior Boarder
  • don't worry. eat ice-cream
  • Thank you received: 7

She will be welcomed in our home on april 16th! Her name is Bella-Donna (first name)Urukonda (breeder name) Cinderella (genealogical register name).
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by dimmy.
Moderators: DRACO, ehall67
Time to create page: 1.699 seconds

Members Birthdays

No upcoming Birthdays