Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

haha great pic JP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

sorry JP ;) Just Ive known some that were nice and then they try and chew your hands of even the friendly ones. Also note british bulldog did not make final cut in crufts and that is the best of its breed.

@noddy like brooksie says pick the one that fits your family best. I always say my pets were part of the family already we just hadnt been united before. :)

Like Diego he thought we were family as soon as he saw us and he settled in straight away.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose?NEW PICS!!!

OK, we did what any dog-owner wanting to buy a new pup should do.
Or should not do , if you want to wait with buying a new pup... :pinch:
We went to the dog-breeder, that was selling Joy, the puppy with the rose in the picture in the beginning of the thread.

The breeder turned out to be a very sweet woman, with 41 years of expierience and with many Champions amongst her Bull-terrier offspring.
We had a great time, and when we saw the puppy we came for , we fell in love straight away! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
We still need to make it definate, but tomorrow is the day we know if we can get the $$$ in time, but it's 99% sure allready. :woohoo:

So this is the one we chose, and her name is gonna be "Bella-Donna Cinderella of Urukonda".
And here are some pics we took:
Bella-Donna is the one on the left.

And here she is from the side, the one on the bottom:

And the one jawning is her sister, who has some red along with the black ear:

So, the decision is made, and if all goes well, we'll know if we can get her for sure tomorrow.
And then the long wait will start, for she'll have to stay with her mom for another 3 to 4 weeks.
But that will be worth the wait.
I'll keep you informed, hope you like the pics! ;)

• RoxyTheDog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Love your Pets.
  • Thank you received: 166

RoxyTheDog replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

Good choice Noddy, all pups look cute i know i couldn`t pick between them lol
3 to 4 weeks waiting time is going to painful though! Once i met my current dog at the rescue place i had to wait overnight and that was bad enough :)

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

johnnyphoenix replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

jnet wrote: sorry JP ;) Just Ive known some that were nice and then they try and chew your hands of even the friendly ones. Also note british bulldog did not make final cut in crufts and that is the best of its breed.

English bulldogs have probably one of the friendliest, if not the friendliest temperaments of all the dog breeds. They can be stubborn and willful...but NEVER aggressive.

Also just b/c an english bully didnt win 'best of breed' in a show that is based on simply the individual dogs in the competition...it isnt saying any other breed overall is 'superior.'

The english bulldog is the 'rolls royce' of all dog breeds. Performance, coupled with superior aesthetics.

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

johnnyphoenix wrote:

The english bulldog is the 'rolls royce' of all dog breeds. Performance, coupled with superior aesthetics.[/quote]

Were the English Bulldogs bred for fighting in the beginning, like the english Bull-Terrier? :unsure:
Just wondering...

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

"Early in the mid-19th century the "Bull and Terrier" breeds were developed to satisfy the needs for vermin control and animal-based blood sports. The "Bull and Terriers" were based on the Old English Bulldog (now extinct) and one or more of Old English Terrier and "Black and tan terrier", now known as Manchester Terrier. This new breed combined the speed and dexterity of lightly built terriers with the dour tenacity of the Bulldog, which was a poor performer in most combat situations, having been bred almost exclusively for killing bulls and bears tied to a post. Many breeders began to breed bulldogs with terriers, arguing that such a mixture enhances the quality of fighting. Despite the fact that a cross between a bulldog and a terrier was of high value, very little or nothing was done to preserve the breed in its original form. Fortunately Bulldog managed to survive.[32] Due to the lack of breed standards—breeding was for performance, not appearance—the "Bull and Terrier" eventually divided into the ancestors of "Bull Terriers" and "Staffordshire Bull Terriers", both smaller and easier to handle than the progenitor"

I have worked with dogs as in kennels and grooming parlours and the most scared I have ever been of any dog was a bulldog named Albert I actually handed my notice in because they said it would be fine to have him back the dog scared the crap out of me and had Ian pinned in the kennel. Every other bulldog I have groomed has been fine and then flipped and turned; I think they know using teeth works. That is not to say that they are worse than other dogs. The most feared dog in a grooming parlour is the Apricot poodle or cocker or cocker poos. Some reason red equals evil and they bite like crazy. Same with alot of shitzus, westies and so on alot of dogs are evil no doubt about that and its mainly to do with breeding and owners. Some are miss treated or just scared in the different surroundings.

But I've known possibly 20bulldogs all of them I couldnt trust where as the bull terries I've known have all been quite friendly. But I think its down to owners the guy with albert thought he was hard and was a skin head thug you could tell and he didnt seem to care that he might have a dangerous dog on his hands even though he had kids. Maybe he didnt want to know but there are so many cases here where people dont want to know but cry when their kids are hurt.

In america the breeding may be better like Brooksie shepherd no offense to british breeders here but that dog is much better than any shepherd bred in the UK.

Also JP I wasnt just digging the bulldog in crufts the pekinese and some others did not make it through. Saying my last thing the bulldogs at crufts are lovely natured they have to be to be shown so there must be some nice ones :) Just american bulldogs seem nicer breed. :)

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Which BullTerrier would you choose, if you had $?

Thanx, Matt. ;)
I knew the hitory of the Bull terrier, but missed the part of the bulldog info.

and oh, btw, WE BOUGHT THE PUP.
She has to stay with the breeder for some more weeks, but we'll be getting her at april 16th! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I hate waiting....but i know i need to.
But to our luck, the breeder is only 20 minutes from our home, so we can check her out pretty easily!
So exited, and so is the rest of the family.
My 4 year old daughter was telling the people at church, that we are getting a new puppy.

Updates will follow! ;)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds