Dogs

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: Dogs

OMG BEN!

Your car is messed up, the steering wheel is on the wrong side!! :blink: :silly:

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Dogs

Matt, don't be silly, that steering wheel is on exactly the right side!

• Firestorm8215
  • Firestorm8215's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: Dogs

Those are very cute Ben.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Here is a pic of 2 of my dogs...hope this works

The big one is Sampson ad the little one is Ivy. The newest addition to our family.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Dogs

OMG your dogs are well cute

And yea I heard that frontline is not as effective anymore the issue is that the fleas adapt to it and soon become immune.

Best things are tea tree shampoos and garlic tablets. Flea collars waste of space and flea shampoo is good but you need to leave on coat a good 10mins and brush the coat as well. Alot people wash their dogs but dont wet or soap everywhere and the fleas know where to side. Your dogs should be less prone tohugh its normally, cockers, springers collies them kind of dogs that suffer bad from fleas.

I worked with dogs in kennels and grooming parlour but never herd of yeast but who knows. If you have a serious problem they may be in your house so wash all your dogs beds but if it persists you might have do your whole house with a severe flea spray. Made for rooms.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

also how big are your fleas most fleas are actually cat fleas and dog flea frontline wont work you need cat flea treatment to kill cat fleas. Cat fleas will live on dogs they are just smaller and bite sharp :)

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I will give the garlic a try. What do you consider a large flea ? To me they seem quite large.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: Dogs

Firestorm8215 wrote: You probably also had a winter that killed some of them. We had a really mild winter. Probably the warmest one in several years. So fleas and mosquitos are rampant this year. One of the dogs is a 10 week old puppy. So I really want to be careful with too many pesticides.

I don't know about the pup, he may be old enough,but they can be sensitive w/ meds; sounds like you may have to get a flea & tick sprayer for the yard,(if applicable) & just FYI, I used k9 Advantix on my last dog, & she lived to be 16. I use it on my current dog, & it's really the way to go. If you've got them in the house, you may have to fog if infested. I know you said that you're leery of chemicals, but if you've got them bad, you may have no choice.

Garlic & yeast do not work. That's a gimmick to sell stuff, & I think garlic can be bad for your dog.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I have not seen on any furniture , but they don't really have any need to be on it since they have 2 dogs to live on. I will get some Advantix and treating the yard was already on the agenda for this weekend. I never had problems with fleas until this year.

yea I just read over what I wrote and tea tree and garlic are meant as a deterent they wont kill the fleas. Im thinking you are going to have use some thing for your whole house not just the dogs.

Have you been bitten?

www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th5b.htm

useful link; I still use frontline because to me it still works and is the best but there are other spot on treatments around now.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds