Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

• cujo0777
  • cujo0777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11

cujo0777 created the topic: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

I have a boxer/lab mix and wondering if anyone had any experience with these dog's ??? His name is cujo My dog is one in a million and has a weird personality. Are these dog's supposed to be extremly protective of there owner's? And he also hyper sensative when it comes to people being fearful , aggresion , and people just yelling. my dog also dont like any confrentations of anykind .Whats with that iam afraid one day he isint going to lisson to me and someone going to get hurt and my dog wont back dwn frm no one . I had him for little over 4 yrs he was born july 7 2007. And i also believe my dog could be a rascist he dont care for African's that much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

Obedience training

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

sounds like you should get your dog some training. And soon, before it hurts someone and it has to be put down.
I don't think Labradors or boxers are typically very aggressive dogs.

• RoxyTheDog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Love your Pets.
  • Thank you received: 166

RoxyTheDog replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

Nina_W wrote: sounds like you should get your dog some training. And soon, before it hurts someone and it has to be put down.

A big X2!

Oh and dogs aren`t racists either, they`re much smarter than that.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

cujo0777 replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

My dog is trained for the most part he know his basic comand's. Like sit ,stay ,dwn , wait ,come, rollover , shake , And catch a treat off his nose.
The one major problem is with african men when i got him his owner was a white lady that was with a blk guy . He had a bad habit of hiting his girlfriend with the dog around and he kicked cujo across the room for biting him in the leg. And broke three of his lower rib's .
Would this be the reason for my dog to hates blk guy's. Dont worry he went to jail and she gave the dog to me so he wouldnt be put dwn. Other than that cujo is a very sweet dog. He just need's to work on shutting that trap of his when i tell him to be quite. I have my dog on a leash at all times cause the next thing i need is him to get his chase on when people run.

• Thank you received: 35

Kaiser replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

Was he properly socialized when he was a puppy? Sounds to me like he has fear aggression. Dogs aren't normally aggressive. They either aren't used to people, hence why they get 'defensive' and snap or they were hurt before and that experience stuck with them.

I agree with Firestorm and Nina that you should get your boy enroll in a training class. If he has the tendency to snap at people, he'll probably need to undergo a behavioral consultation so the trainer can work with you and him on how to correct his bad behaviors.

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

:unsure: :huh: :dry:

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Yes my dog has been socialized since he was a pup . Cujo will get along with other people and dog's if were out in a public setting . I think his one issue is were we came frm was a town full of white people since we moved we are now in a colored section With mostly colored people . I know the one time he get's pretty aggresive is at night when i take him out for a walk. When iam usually by my self and someone comes out of no were it freaks him out. Then it takes all i got to try and hold him back and my dog is pretty strong when it comes to something that he dont like and want to chase.
Ill try the whole training thing but i dont no if that's going to work when it comes to his protective side. I actually like the fact he is a good protector . Considering he scared sum intruder's off when they broke into my house on 5 seprate occasion's. Also when someone tried breaking into my car to steal my gps and cell phone.
Hopefully the training wont bother that part about him.

• Thank you received: 35

Kaiser replied the topic: Re: Anybody know about Boxador dog's ???

Your dog's protective instinct won't be erased by training. What training will do is teach your dog on what is acceptable in a human society. There is really no right or wrong for dogs. They act on instinct. Unfortunately, in our world, that is not enough. Humans tend to expect their dogs to know what is right and wrong, and that's where the training comes in.

Also, dogs are not racist lol. As per your statement, it seems he just wasn't socialized with a variety range of people and only knows white people. In the puppy kindergarten that I am attending for our new puppy, socialization is at the top of the things that my trainer emphasizes. Puppies need to be exposed to all kinds of sounds and people so when they grow up, they won't be scared of them. Most dogs who develop aggression are actually not meaning to harm or protect. Rather, they exhibit aggression because they are afraid. Fear aggression, as trainers call it, is dangerous and unpredictable. The last thing you want is for your dog to snap and bite someone because that could lead to him being taken away and/or euthanized.

I'm not sure if basic obedience training like those offered at Petco/Petsmart is what you need. I think you may have to consult with a certified dog trainer and undergo behavioral consultation. If you are in Long Island NY, I would highly recommend Ellen Rasiger. She runs a training school called Happy Dog Training and Behavior. If you aren't in that area, you can try looking for a trainer in your area at "Association of Pet Dog Trainers". Their website is www.apdt.com/ .

Hope that helps. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cujo0777

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Ill give anything a shot cause i cant picture my dog getting put dwn That would break my heart . This is going tobe along and Exspensive process of getting him trained the rite way. I hope everything works out in the end.
To bad we cant teach oscar's not tobe aggresive :laugh: that would be nice.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds