Brooksie's new addition

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie created the topic: Brooksie's new addition

Well, we have a new addition to our growing (DONE GROWING!!) family! We have "adopted" another German Shepherd named Shiloh.

Yep this is the same dog you have seen in other pics and videos playing with Ziva - we use to dog sit Shiloh. Now it's permanent dog sitting! ;) Her owner developed severe allergies and after about a year of changing medications, getting weekly allergy injections and still being sick on a daily basis, the decision was made so that she could resume a healthy lifestyle. :( It was extremely hard for her to give up Shiloh because she loves her dog but being sick and missing work isn't good. She was starting to not want to be around Shiloh - again no good! So, we took her into our home. :) There was about a week of depression and confusion for Shiloh but she has gotten over that and settled in to our family - as you will see.

Shiloh will be 3 years old in January - Ziva will be 2 in March. They have played together since Ziva was 8 weeks old so they are like sisters. You can't separate the two of them... if I didn't know better, I'd think they were from the same litter. Ziva and Shiloh play all the time together - with their ropes, chew toys or just running around the back yard (or the living room). Our task is to help Shiloh loose weight. She weighed in at 98 lbs when we got her last month. Diet dog food and daily walks!! We can already see some weight coming off.

Our new big girl... Shiloh:

Ziva & Shiloh playing

Snuggle buddies

This is an old one.. but this is Shiloh's FIRST experience with a fish tank

Shiloh has always stood on the sidelines and watched Ziva run around like an idiot catching frisbee's. We've tried and tried to get Shiloh to catch one but all she does is let the frisbee bounce off her body or just land in front of her. After weeks and weeks of trying, here is video of the first (and so far ONLY) frisbee catch!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

What about Emma you might ask?? :huh: Well, Emma will be 13 this month and not much into frisbees or rope toys or long fast walks. She wasn't happy that I brought Ziva home because Ziva always wanted to play with her. She seems happier now that I have both Ziva and Shiloh here because she gets to do this now....

SLEEP!!! In peace without a 75 lbs puppy wanting to play constantly!

Thanks for checking out my new addition!

Brooksie :kiss:

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hexclover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Stimulate the economy by buying me a BEER!
  • Thank you received: 74

Hexclover replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

aww, shes adorable :)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

Sheps are great dogs....loyal, obedient, smart. Had one when I was a kid, Maximus, he was a great dog & no one DARED mess w/ our family.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

Looks great B, I've been pondering getting a dog when we move out of our apartment and into a permanent home.

I've had big dogs in the past, rotties, goldens and labs. But I've always thought about a shepherd.

Looks great though B)

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

i like the pic of your dog watching the fish. lol.

i bet your other GS likes having friend around to play with.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

O my!! with 2 GS and you love for guns if I do remember I feel you have the safest house on the block if zombies attack I am so going to your spot!!!!

that aside beautiful dog and I love him looking at the oscar like how can he do that lol

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

That's great Brooksie and really about as good of an outcome as you can hope for when a dog needs to be rehomed! Shiloh gets a great home with people and dogs shes familiar with. Nice job!:)

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

i love the GS breed and wish to have one someday.... the only set back is..
the cost of keeping them LOL!

Congratz B! Shiloh is huge huh!

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

I agree with Jason, happy dog with happy new home, and her old owner can come and visit (a short visit won't make her as sick).

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: Brooksie's new addition

Hexclover wrote: aww, shes adorable :)

Thanks... they are the love of my life!

fishguy66 wrote: Sheps are great dogs....loyal, obedient, smart. Had one when I was a kid, Maximus, he was a great dog & no one DARED mess w/ our family.

I'm learning that... about the loyalty. And smart!!! OMG ! I can't believe how fast the two of them learn!! Funny how no one comes through our screened in front porch anymore to knock on the front door - they stay outside. :woohoo:

Matt wrote: Looks great B, I've been pondering getting a dog when we move out of our apartment and into a permanent home.

I've had big dogs in the past, rotties, goldens and labs. But I've always thought about a shepherd.

Looks great though B)

These are my first shepherds. I love them! I'm addicted to them. Amazingly smart and loyal dogs like Fishguy said but you have to live with it to understand it. Protective of kids too!!

cebosound wrote: i like the pic of your dog watching the fish. lol.

i bet your other GS likes having friend around to play with.

I know isn't that an awesome pic? She still likes to sit and watch the Africans in the 120 gallon tank. The FH tank is at the end of the couch - she gets up on the couch and watches him!! They have a stare off!! So funny. My other dogs could care less.

ehall67 wrote: O my!! with 2 GS and you love for guns if I do remember I feel you have the safest house on the block if zombies attack I am so going to your spot!!!!

that aside beautiful dog and I love him looking at the oscar like how can he do that lol

Thanks... Good memory! Yes 2 shepherds and guns! I have a spare bedroom too!

JasonR wrote: That's great Brooksie and really about as good of an outcome as you can hope for when a dog needs to be rehomed! Shiloh gets a great home with people and dogs shes familiar with. Nice job!:)

Thanks Jason. It was really hard on my friend but you are right. It is the best thing to happen. If I needed to do the same thing, I'd hope I could find someone to do the same for me. I hope nothing like that ever happens. Our house is complete!

DRACO wrote: i love the GS breed and wish to have one someday.... the only set back is..
the cost of keeping them LOL!

Congratz B! Shiloh is huge huh!

You are so right about the $$ part of it! She is helping out with that for the first year - food and vet bills - so it has helped a ton. Shiloh is a big one huh? But the weight will be coming off!!

Nina_W wrote: I agree with Jason, happy dog with happy new home, and her old owner can come and visit (a short visit won't make her as sick).

Agreed Nina... she is waiting until she is ready. I guess she is having a really hard time. She feels like she abandoned her even though she hasn't. I know dogs don't have memories like humans but she is afraid Shiloh will think she didn't want her anymore. People think stuff like that ya know?

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds