my dog oreo (pitbull)

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: my dog oreo (pitbull)

What a cute pic Josh. She almost looks like she was up to no good and got caught. :laugh: I will have to post some pics next time I get online from my computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joshm13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Go Big Red!!! Husker football!!
  • Thank you received: 4

Joshm13 replied the topic: Re: my dog oreo (pitbull)

She is sad she couldn't go out the front door for trick or treaters so she chose the steps to watch lol!! She was mad she couldn't go out the front door and play! Lol!

75 freshwater Malawi Cichlid tank
20 gallon long nano tank

• Best81
  • Best81's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Best81 replied the topic: Re: my dog oreo (pitbull)

oreo doe not have his ears cropped.plus he is 3years old i got hem from a from that was moveing and could not take hem with .hes good with kids and family.i love hem with all my heart.and i hate dog fighting to we got alot of that here in MD.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: my dog oreo (pitbull)

its nice you were able to give him a good home and he sounds like a lovely dog :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Best81
  • Best81's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Best81 replied the topic: my dog oreo (pitbull)

hes a real good pit.he loves his daddy last week unfortunately me and oreo was walking in the park and there was a runner comeing behind me i did not now he was the there and oreo bit hem and all 4k9s down in his lage i had hem on his chan was i wrong or not i ask my self that all the time he was just protecting his daddy ive never seen hem bit any one in all the times ive had hem but like i said he never showed that at all.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: my dog oreo (pitbull)

I don't trust Pits. They were bred for fighting, & it's in their blood. I know people say "Well, mine is the sweetest dog in the world,etc.etc,etc".....well, I live in Philly. These things get out all the time, & kids get mauled all the time. I know, irresponsible owner,etc etc etc, but these are not poodles we're talking about. These things have enormous jaw strength, & can rip flesh from bone. I know personally of 2 dogs that were "the sweetest dog in the world", that were family pets,one turned on his owner & mauled him & his daughter, the other got out & killed 2 small dogs & mauled a child before police shot it. Neither of these dogs were anywhere near or had been used for dogfighting. They just snapped.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: my dog oreo (pitbull)

Some Insurance companies will not write homeowner policies for owners of German Shepards or Rottweilers. So what does that tell you ?
What I find interesting is that any time someone gets mauled by a Pitbull the news headline is " person mauled by Pitbull " , but if its any other dog it's simply " mauled by dog " and there is no mention of what breed.
Ten years ago all the focus was on Rotties. They were deemed the big , dangerous dog. Now it's Pitbulls. And in another ten years it will be another breed....

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: my dog oreo (pitbull)

i consider myself an intelligent Pit Bull lover.

I am a fan of all BUlly Breeds. I have had boxer, boston terriers, and my aunt breeds english bulldogs and has had french bulldogs. ... and i have also raised a red nose pit all the way from 7 weeks old. his name was norman. one of the friendliest dogs you've ever seen. didn't even have a mean look to him. ... but i did spend a good amount of attention to socializing him correctly. dog parks , friends dogs, etc.

sorry to hear about your dog. hopefully you get another nice dog in the future.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: my dog oreo (pitbull)

The dogs that scare me most are those horrible little sausage dogs (with respect to Brooksie's sweet little one that left her so recently - RIP). Some people manage to raise them right, but mostly they're terribly attached to one person and bitey, barky and horrible to any other person. Never really been bitten aggressively by anything other than those things.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: my dog oreo (pitbull)

Firestorm8215 wrote: Some Insurance companies will not write homeowner policies for owners of German Shepards or Rottweilers. So what does that tell you ?
What I find interesting is that any time someone gets mauled by a Pitbull the news headline is " person mauled by Pitbull " , but if its any other dog it's simply " mauled by dog " and there is no mention of what breed.
Ten years ago all the focus was on Rotties. They were deemed the big , dangerous dog. Now it's Pitbulls. And in another ten years it will be another breed....

That tells me that certain breeds are inclined to bite; Sheps & Rotts are herding dogs by breeding, & are therefore naturally protective of their owners. Having had a Shep, I know what they are capable of.

Pitbulls, however, were bred for a singular purpose: to fight. Not to be a companion animal, not to guard flocks, not as a working dog. To fight. Everything about their physical makeup suggests this; the dog we see today has been line-bred for generations for fighting other animals. Again, I live in Philly, & I have seen 1st-hand what these dogs are capable of, not from a newscast, not from reading about it in a paper. These dogs are a walking weapon, & in my view, anyone who wants to own one should have to pay a hefty insurance premium to cover the damage they are supremely capable of. If you don't think so, tell that to the families of people who have had their kids mauled or have lost a pet to a pit.

Just some FYI info on PB's:

Attacks on HumansMain articles: Dog attack and List of fatal dog attacks in the United States
A 9-year (1979–88) review of fatal dog attacks in the United States determined that, of the in 4101 attacks in which breed was recorded, pit bulls were implicated 2 of those attacks (41.6%).[31] A 1991 study found that 94% of attacks on children by pit bulls were unprovoked, compared to 43% for other breeds.[32] A 5-year (1989–94) review of fatal dog attacks in the United States determined that pit bulls and pit bull mixed breeds were implicated in 24 (28.6%) of the 84 deaths in which breed was recorded.[33]

A 15-year (1991–2005) review of dog attack fatalities investigated by the Kentucky Medical Examiner determined that pit bulls were implicated in 5 of the 11 fatal attacks (45.4%).[34] Another 15-year (1994–2009) review of patients admitted to a Level I Trauma Center with dog bites determined that pit bulls were most often involved in these attacks: of the 228 patients treated, the breed of dog was recorded in 82 attacks, and of these, 29 (35%) attacks were attributed to pit bulls. All other dogs combined accounted for the remaining 65% of attacks.[35] In 44.8% of the attacks, the dog belonged to the victim's family.[35] The authors state:

Attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduce the US mortality rates related to dog bites.[35]

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds