Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

• Thank you received: 21

seymore replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Its been a long time since I have been on the site and maybe you remember me but I feel your pain we had to do the same thing.
May I ask why you sold all your tanks. From what I remember you had a nice set up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. This is a hard time but I know that I did the right thing. Sometimes I don't feel that way but when I look down deep, I know that it was right. She made a huge impact on my life and will never be forgotten. I remember the good times because that was what the last 13 years were with her... good times. There aren't many dogs that can say they lived in 4 different states, traveled up and down the East coast, played in snow & sunshine, ran along white sandy beaches, went for boat rides in the Weeki Wachee, Lake Okeechobee, and the Gulf of Mexico. She lived a full life that some humans would be jealous of.. and she brought a smile to my face and everyone that she met.. and she did it multiple times a day.

Jnet... thanks for the PM too! I don't mean to make people sad but I did feel I had to share it with my OFL family.

Ken... Her memories are with me all the time. Everywhere I look I see her. Even though she was small, my bed seems empty without her.

Noddy... the PM made me cry. I know things are tough for you so I appreciate the support. I'm there with you my friend.

Roxy... Thank you... I knew that people who knew me would figure it out by the title. Thanks for the comment on my pics too. Emma was a special dog, wish you all could have met her!

danccat... Sorry I wasn't here to welcome you to the site.. belated welcome! Thanks for your kind words. It's strange how attached we become to our pets. Sorry for your loss.

Fishguy... So sorry you had to put your dog down. It's a hard decision to make. I had wished that she would die in her sleep, sorry if that sounds bad, but no one wants to have to make this decision. Thanks for the support.. I know the tears will stop - someday.

Sharyn... your right she did live a great life. She wasn't in misery - suffering a long term illness - she was happy almost right until the end. It warms me to know that I gave her a good life just as she gave me a good life.

Cebo... I had surgery on 12.17.2012 and had 3 disc herniations repaired. This is the first time in YEARS that I am pain free. It feels awesome. Thanks for your friendship and kind words.

Ehall... it is a lot huh? I feel like every time I turn around something else is happening. One day, soon, I'll get to post something good on here! Thanks for your thoughts.

Seymore... Of course I remember you!!! Don't be silly. :) I decided to sell my tanks because I honestly lost interest in doing the work to keep the tanks up. I had 4 tanks... I was tired of the cleaning and the noise of the tanks. Plus financially it was expensive. It wasn't fair to my fish because they relied on me to take care of them and my heart just wasn't in it. Some day I may get back into it but it won't be anytime soon.

Anyway.. thank you all! I'll be on soon.

Love you all!
Brooksie :kiss:

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Sorry, B,
Next time i'll be the bearer of good news. B) ;)

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Brooksie,

I am new, but your experience resonates with me. I had a lab/goldie mix named Houston who I had to euthanize due to liver cancer. The vet said he could do surgery and maybe get 3 months. I really wanted the three months to spend with him, but did not think it was fair to make him suffer. I have tears in my eyes now 3 years later thinking about that decision. I am so sorry you had to make it. As I type this the lump in my throat is so large I can barely breathe. Once again I am so sorry.

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Wow B, I'm so sorry to hear, I know losing a beloved pet is akin to losing a family member :(

Take comfort in knowing you gave her the best life possible and that in the end you made the hard decision in her best interest.

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

So sorry Brooksie.:( I know how much Emma meant to you and your family.:(

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

ouch! i am so sorry the hear new about Emma.
i may do the same with my local husky... he is
having a hard time to stand and walk. according
to my vet, his case is hopeless due to old age...
but he is just 12 years

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

@ Noddy... next time, we better both need to post good news.

@ Robham... Sorry to bring up sad memories but thanks for your thoughts. I'm also sorry to hear about Houston. It sounds like you made the right decision. At least you know there is no more suffering and you have great memories.

@ Matt... Thanks, I know your right about my decision. It was hard, and I'm still crying at night when I go to bed, but I know it was right.

@ Jason... Yes Emma meant the world to me. I love her so much. There is an empty space in my heart and my home. But she's in a better place.

@ Draco... It is a hard decision to make. You always wonder if the advice is right or not. Trust your vets, they know what is best. 12 might not be old to us but it is for dogs. My other dachshund lived to be 18 but it was a tough last few years. I think anything over the age of 12 is a sign that the dog lived a long life. At that age, surgery is not only expensive but risky and possibly not worth the risk or expense. Remember to do what is best for the dog, not for you. Imagine how difficult it must be for him? Thanks for your concern... I wish you luck with your husky.

Thanks everyone... it is so great to talk to everyone, even if under these circumstances.

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Hey B! :)
I will allwayz walk that fine line between sanity and insanity with you!
Thanx for being and staying close.
You're an angel watching over me! :kiss: ;)

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Sorry for more sad news from Brooksie

Oh no.

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a dog, especially suddenly and unexpectedly.

She really did live the life, though.

rest in peace, little Emma.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds