Help! Please :(

• mishka
  • mishka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

mishka created the topic: Help! Please :(

My cat Mishka is very sick. I noticed the other day she wasn't acting right, and I had a hunch to take her to the vet, it turns out she has the yellow cat diease (she has a fatty liver). They gave her a b12 shot, and antibiotics, she seemed okay the first day, but now she can't keep food down, they took blood and her liver enzymes are elevated very high. I drop her off at the vet when I'm at work so they can monitor and give her fluids, they said she was able to keep food down today. Thursday is an ultrasound to determine if it is a fatty liver, and if so they will give her a feeding tube and I will have to feed her through the tube for 6-8 weeks. They told me IF she makes it to Friday then she should be able to pull through, but that really terrified me.

I really appreciate any help if anyone has ever had a cat with fatty liver disease, my vet said it's a very serious condition and he's glad I came in on time, but I fear the worst for my cat :( If anyone has had a cat with this any suggestions or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Help! Please :(

I am terribly sorry to hear that your cat is ill. Whether you will get the advice you need here I really couldn't say for sure. However, everybody on this forum love their pets and I know that many people have cats so I am sure somebody will be able to give you some advice. We lost our cat Charlie last year, it was devastating even though he had got to the ripe old age of 16. So I really feel for you and hope everything turns out fine.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• mishka
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

mishka replied the topic: Help! Please :(

Thank you, I appreciate your support. I know on here I've posted pictures of my cats and hang around here on the pets forum from time to time, this is really the only forum that I hang around on so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I have been researching and reading websites however. I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty :( I hate losing animals, it's so stinkin' hard, even if I lose one of my fish, it really bothers me

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Help! Please :(

its quite a serious condition :( Ive not had a cat with it.

Feeling for you and hopefully you got your cat to the vets in time, thats the best thing for them. It is devastating to see then ill. We lost Stumpy my old cat to what I believe to be pneumonia, she was coughing and the vets said she had a severe chest infection but we couldnt afford xrays so we took her home and tried to feed her but sadly she could not beat it. I hope your cat is better mine was an old cat and I dont want to worry you further. It is painful to be with out them when they are at the vets for any time.

Ill be thinking about your little cat and you.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• mishka
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thank you Jnet. I'm so sorry to hear about your furry friend :(. You only gotta look at it as you did the best you could. This is getting very pricey.. $2,000 later..

Today was an ultrasound to fully diagnose her and she does have fatty liver disease, however, she has been showing progress, she gained 5 ouncez as of a few days ago, and was able to keep down a can of kitten formula food, she lost 5 pounds in 3 days when she first was diagnosed, and she is taking syringe feeding very well that the vet said she may not even need a feeding tube.. but he said that we best not chance it and god ahead and get a feeding tube to make a full recovery.. she isn't fully out of the woods, but it sure is looking to be brighter

• mishka
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hey guys, just thought I would update..

Mishka went into surgery a week ago to get a feeding tube to help detoxity her liver, she was doing great, pulling through and I truly thought she was out of the woods.

Unfortunately, this morning she did not make it, she died this morning on the way to the ER. Words can not describe how upset I am right now. :(

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Help! Please :(

Sorry for your Loss.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Help! Please :(

thats so sad :(

I know how you feel I felt so numb and heartbroken when Stumpy died as she did the same she seemed to pick up and then she was gone. :(

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds