Really bad day!

• Thank you received: 35

AZ Steve replied the topic: Really bad day!

Sorry to hear. Thats why i haven't gotten my daughter one...afraid bruiser will eat it. Maybe rethink getting one. What if it happens again? Just questions i been thinking over my daughter really wants one to...good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Really bad day!

Thanks everyone. I had to tell her about it, because we let her pick them out, and even though her birthday is the 28th we let her get them early since the person we got them from lived an hour away.There was some crying, but it was taken pretty well. We have spent yesterday, and today visiting every pet store within 60 miles trying to find replacements (my wife. found something wrong with 90% of what we saw). Even after finding the replacements, we still had to visit 3 more stores just to be sure. I think we are going to use one of our wire dog kennels for a cage, hopefully since the dogs can't get out they can't get in either. I did get to see a lot of nice fish though, some of the highlights were a pig nosed puffer, chaca chaca catfish, florida gar, calvus, festea, frontosa, and dovii. I never see any of these guys locally.

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

I had a guinea pig eaten by a racoon once. I got to stay home from school that day. Holla! I'm glad she took it well!

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

Well the new guinea pigs are doing great, but I came home Monday to a dachshund vomiting blood. So my wife and I spent hours at the emergency clinic that night, and $1200.00 (a bit of a set back for my 8' tank plans). I got home yesterday, and the power was out for 3hrs because of bad weather. Got home today, and found out my router was fried from yesterdays weather, so another $90 spent. The good news is that princess bella the dachshund is doing well, and I have internet again.

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

When it rains it pours but im glad to hear everyone is doing good especially your dachshund i have a mini who i would be heart broken if anything happened to her, what was wrong with her??

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

robham7770 wrote: Well the new guinea pigs are doing great, but I came home Monday to a dachshund vomiting blood. So my wife and I spent hours at the emergency clinic that night, and $1200.00 (a bit of a set back for my 8' tank plans). I got home yesterday, and the power was out for 3hrs because of bad weather. Got home today, and found out my router was fried from yesterdays weather, so another $90 spent. The good news is that princess bella the dachshund is doing well, and I have internet again.

$1200 vet bill! you are having one hell of a bad day, I'm glad its starting to sort its self out.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

Big-Ken wrote: When it rains it pours but im glad to hear everyone is doing good especially your dachshund i have a mini who i would be heart broken if anything happened to her, what was wrong with her??

Ken, it was diagnosed as HGE{Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis} which seems to be a general term used for an unidentified digestive tract problem. Causes are speculated to be parasitic, bacterial, and even stress related. All I can tell you is that I don't think she would have made it if we had not taken her in. She had a very low temp, and elevated blood cell count, which the vet described as the worst he had ever seen.

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Really bad day!

You are a good dad, Rob. Hang in there, brother.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: Really bad day!

I got home yesterday, and was going to post some stuff about a few changes I made in the Dovii tank, when my girls informed me that Peanut was dead. She was my favorite out of the three guinea pigs. that we ended up with. No warning, and other two are doing fine. We got a different wire cage and my girls have done a great job of keeping the door closed, so the dogs don't get a chance at them. We just got done with the funeral service, and my girls were champs. I teared up like a baby. To make matters worse I found my little jag dead last night about 30 min after peanut, also no warning. I checked on the fish before I went to work and he seemed fine. I will post a bit more on that on another thread.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Really bad day!

Damn man im sorry to hear that rob. My son still asks for our bulldog (capone) that past away 2 yrs ago. I was a mess for two days I still get teary eyed when he comes up.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds