Really bad day!

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Really bad day!

Sorry again, Rob.

For what it's worth, I lost it when Ig died a couple years ago. You can sure get attached to a lizard after 20+ years.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Really bad day!

Thanks guys, I hate to admit I get so worked up over this kind of thing. Last night, I sat down with my girls, and explained that these things happen, and sometimes we do not know why. I really didn't have a lot to do with the pigs, but for some reason, this just hit me wrong. Probably because she was the baby(about half the age of the others), and because she just looked to be sleeping, no marks, swelling, or anything.

@goranothos, I had a green IG a while back named Taco, that I lost after only a few months. I was really bummed about it, and can not imagine how I would have felt after 20 years.

I hope It does not sound like I am a pet killer, when you have 4 dogs, guinea pigs, bearded dragon, gecko, 15 tanks, python, and a cat things come up.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Really bad day!

It doesn't sound that way at all Rob, don't worry. Losing any pet is a horrible thing to go through, doesn't matter what species it is.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Really bad day!

That's the worst part about keeping pets. It don't matter how good care of them you take things happen and they don't live near long enough.
We had a poodle that was extremely smart and just a well behaved dog that everyone was attached too and we lost him 3 years ago. He was coughing so we took him to the vet and turned out he had lung cancer. No one in my family ever smoked or anything so he was never exposed to smoke but he still somehow ended up getting lung cancer. He was 12 so I grew up with him, wasn't easy at all.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Really bad day!

By the way sorry about your losses. Keep on doing what your doing. You can only do so much and some things are just out of your control.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Really bad day!

So sorry to hear about all this! :( Tera and I had a boy each, for a few years. Not too long ago, a year or two, Tera's boy passed away. It was horrible. He'd accidentally broken a toe on a chew toy, and died from shock. My boy was never the same after that, and followed him a few months later. They're buried side by side, and I imagine they're up in piggy heaven, arguing over who gets in the house and carrying on like an old married couple.

Just make sure anything for them to gnaw on is something like a mineral block, and some harder veggies and fruits, which will do the job. Apparently an apple tree branch works too, but ours ignored it when they weren't throwing it around.

Put an empty toilet roll in with them. If you've never seen it before, you're in for a treat! Also a loose calico bag with hay in it can be great for giggles. :)

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Really bad day!

I'm sorry for your loss, Rob. I have two dogs 6 months aparts in age. The oldest, a chow/lab mix will be 14 years old in april. I know she can't have too much longer, but I've been thinking that for years now. I'm really going to miss both of them when their gone.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds