Moving

• Jonpaulr88
  • Jonpaulr88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Jonpaulr88 created the topic: Moving

Next month I'm moving into a new apartment and I want to know the best method for moving my fish tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Moving

How far is the new apartment?

If under 1 hour, put water conditioner that detoxifies ammonia in a 5 gallon bucket, put your old aquarium water into the bucket. About half full. Put the fish in the bucket. Go to the new apartment, and put a heater in the bucket. Take a cup and repour the water into the bucket several times or put an air pump with an airstone in the bucket.

In another 5 gallon bucket, put all the media from the filters into the bucket, and make sure that they are covered with water.

Empty the tank completely, and move to new apartment. Add water conditioner to the tank, and then add new water. Setup the filters on the new tank and put the media back in. Turn on the filters. Bring the temp of the new water in the new tank close to that of the bucket with the fish. For the next 2-3 hours, add 1 cup of water from the new tank to the bucket with the fish every 15 minutes. Put the fish in the tank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonpaulr88

• Jonpaulr88
  • Jonpaulr88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Jonpaulr88 replied the topic: Re:Moving

Yeah the apartment is actually less than 10 minutes away and that is wonderful advice thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds