kinda of weird

• zeke
  • zeke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

zeke created the topic: kinda of weird

to in the small ten gallon tank i had i had no issues with 4 oscars and 4 white tipped sharks i got them in a stop gap set up 2 75 gallon gallon tanks and split now the biggest oscar i have still only about a inch and a half decided it wants nothing to do with the little sharks and killed one while we where out to dinner what causes this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: kinda of weird

are you sure the oscar killed it??

an inch and a half oscar really isnt much of a treat usually.

are your tanks cycled??

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: kinda of weird

zeke wrote: to in the small ten gallon tank i had i had no issues with 4 oscars and 4 white tipped sharks i got them in a stop gap set up 2 75 gallon gallon tanks and split now the biggest oscar i have still only about a inch and a half decided it wants nothing to do with the little sharks and killed one while we where out to dinner what causes this

normally juvy oscars eat like pig. at some point, i had kept 4 oscars, 1 bigger that the other 3 by half.
when i got home one time, i can only see 3 oscars and after a close look, i saw the tail of the smaller one
protruding at the mouth of the biggest juvy... small shark with slim body... i don't trust the juvy oscar,
it will try to grab anything that move that could fit top their mouth..

• zeke
  • zeke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

zeke replied the topic: kinda of weird

I can't be certain but I had to move the other little shark out as well due to the Oscar kept following is and looked like it was biting fin for now there's just the Oscars I have a friend of mine picking them up next week so I'm now to worried about keeping them separated for a week

moona replied the topic: kinda of weird

I want to know about the steps that can be taken for the oscars,when their ph level in the water is very high or low,could any1 advice me on this,which would be very helpful for me in my future ?

www.mybraindumps.net/CCIE-guide.html
www.ibqh.org/
mybraindumps.net
duke.edu/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Tech_University

moona

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:kinda of weird

moona wrote: I want to know about the steps that can be taken for the oscars,when their ph level in the water is very high or low,could any1 advice me on this,which would be very helpful for me in my future ?

You would get faster and better responses if you started a thread of your own on this subject in the appropriate section. Basically you don't want to mess with your pH. It is better to be stable than trying to adjust it. Unless it is extremely high or low. Your fish will adapt and be fine. Are you not sure of your pH? Test it then you will know of its high or low. If it is high a piece of driftwood will help to lower it a bit which the oscars do like bit it's not necessary.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: kinda of weird

I want to know about the steps that can be taken for the oscars,when their ph level in the water is very high or low,could any1 advice me on this,which would be very helpful for me in my future ?

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/68-non-emergency-health-questions/303141-what-can-be-done-if-the-ph-level-is-high-or-lowcheck check this out

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: kinda of weird

zeke wrote: I can't be certain but I had to move the other little shark out as well due to the Oscar kept following is and looked like it was biting fin for now there's just the Oscars I have a friend of mine picking them up next week so I'm now to worried about keeping them separated for a week

you lost me here.

what exactly is your question?

from reading the post i have a feeling that your tank is not cycled out. if it isnt....everything will die very quickly. give us more information and we will be able to help you out.

how long has the tank been set up? what is in it now? and what are the readings of ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite? test kits are extremely important. your fish can be sitting in poison and you dont even know it.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: kinda of weird

you need to answer this stuff dude to find out whats going on ?

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds