New tank

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:New tank

If you remove the c4 from the new tank before the bb colonize in then other you essentially going to be cycling your tank from scratch... waitn dor someone more experienced to chime in but i wouldn't move it yet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:New tank

daddadoo7 wrote: If you remove the c4 from the new tank before the bb colonize in then other you essentially going to be cycling your tank from scratch... waitn dor someone more experienced to chime in but i wouldn't move it yet

That's correct, you are getting good water readings from having the established C4 running. Removing it before the new filter is ready will be a big step back. I would wait a minimum of 6 weeks before letting the new filter run on its own.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:New tank

I guess tour planning in stocking the 65 again. You could try using bacteria in a bottle and either dosing ammonia yourself or using fish loke giant danios. I tried seachem stability on a 55 gal I just set up along with media from a 40 gal that was almost cycled imo the stability didnt help much I have to cycle the 40 again because I used meds that wiped out the bb. I am going to try using tetra safestart along with danios. You could go that route and andnkeep the c4 on your current tank as to not mess with what you have set up and hope the safestart moves things along

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds