Paranoid - Advice Welcome

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Paranoid - Advice Welcome

Python is must have, the bucket brigade is just wrong! An advantage of the Python, besides being labor free is that it also acts as a gravel vac and this is just as important as adding clean water. Getting all the unwanted junk out of your substrate is very important. A good vac with each w/c, done regular, and all will be very good.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Paranoid - Advice Welcome

Don't worry, I have a gravel vac and use it every water change :) Getting water out is easy enough actually - the gravel vac hose is large enough to stick out the window outside, but yeah.. bucket brigading ~250 - 300L of water takes quite a while! I'm lucky that my fiance likes fish as much as I do so the work is split between us, and doubly lucky (if you want to call it that), that I work/study in a fish lab so was well used to carting buckets around long before I got my own fish.

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Paranoid - Advice Welcome

As per your suggestions:
1: The oscar tank is now at 27C, so ~81F
2: Due to the severum situation I have going on (see the emergency help thread I've made) I had to get a bit crazy with filters. I got one of these for the 6 x 2 thereefshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2039 which replaced the Fluval 405 in the oscar tank. The oscar tank now has the Aqua one 1050, and the one I got today with a bit of bio media transferred to it. Going to keep a very close eye on H2O parameters. I also have a good quality second hand Fluval Fx5 lined up for $200 that I'll be getting this weekend, and will hook up to replace the 1050 on the big tank once I'm 100% sure the nautilus is fully cycled.
The red devil has the (fully cycled) Fluval 405 now, and her old filter (the 750) has been attached to the 55 gallon tank the severum is in. When the nautilus is cycled, I'll be putting the Fx5 on the big tank, putting the 1050 in the 55 gallon, and putting the 750 back in the RD tank (IF the severum recovers and is healthy) so she has 2 as well... If you can follow that you're doing better than me :blink:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds