Resin or real

• Thank you received: 41

purplecandle replied the topic: Resin or real

:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Resin or real

They are really allot of work in the beginning none of the other fish are remotely as difficult the little red point is already eatingnloke a pig and swimming up to the glass when I walk in the room. Capone was catatonic fpr almost a month when I first braught him home

• Thank you received: 0

smellymeatballs replied the topic: Re:Resin or real

Lammergeier wrote: That's what I reckon. I'd just avoid anything that'd invite injury/overly inquisitive oscar shenanigans.

@purple: Lol, yep! A couple of weeks ago he went through a phase where if we weren't offering him food, he was staring at the heater. I was worried about it for a bit. Now his favourite thing is to play in a filter outlet stream. He floats about 10cm away from it and all his fins flicker in the current while he slowly gets pushed away. Then he swims off all happy like, and returns a minute later to do it all again.

Lol I use to have a Betta fish that would actually jump out of the water into the front of the filter so he could ride the water fall down to the bottom of the tank. He would do it over and over. Very funny stuff

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Resin or real

when keeping Pleco's ,or one biggun, epoxiresin is one of the very few substances that will not get gamaged by the rasping of Pleco's.
That's why i am pleased with the resin background.

Tannins should diminish quite a bit, when you cook the wood and scrub it very well.
I had a PVC tube in my tank since i got my fire eel, but he hid under some driftwood.
I replaced the PVC with one large piece of wood, and allthough the eel inspected it thouroughly, he didn't hide under it.

Last night i replaced the wood with a smaller piece (cooked, scrubbed, rinsed, allthough it was used before).
The eel investigated it, and after some time dug himself in under the wood.My Pleco liked it too, but Hope, my O, didn't care at all.
he just begs for food all day...together with the eel now. :)

I prefer real, but that's also because i allways have one cave or hide out more than the ammount of Pleco's i have....and i had, and have a few!
Got big pieces drift wood laying around everywhere. :P

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Resin or real

daddadoo7 wrote: They are really allot of work in the beginning none of the other fish are remotely as difficult the little red point is already eatingnloke a pig and swimming up to the glass when I walk in the room. Capone was catatonic fpr almost a month when I first braught him home

Wow, really? Henry was checking out things from the minute I brought him home, and handfeeding after 2 - 3 days. He's been getting into trouble from day one lol. It's funny how different 2 oscars of similar size can behave. I'm absolutely convinced Capone thinks he's a dovii, and Henry's such a pansy that he couldn't stand up for himself against silver dollars last night. He got shooed away from veggie pellets by them and I had to feed him at the other end of the tank to prevent severe sulking.

That's just the difference in personality, imho.
My late Red ate out of my hand within 2 days, but my Tiger didn't come over to the feedingspot at all.
But things change...and now when i am handfeeding my Gar and Fire-Eel and my Tiger O , i get beaten up by the tiger time and time again. :pinch: :pinch:
He bites me way more than before my Eel came...but that's feeding frenzy, and all fish seem to be growing, lengthwise, and in girth... :)

I must say the ammount of food taken by the other fish has increased quite a bit ,(as well as maintenance), since the Eels knowns when food is coming.

LOL@ Smellymeatballz: My Gars favorite game is riding the current, when i am refilling the tank. He even acts mad if i point the outlet in a different direction. When the tank is full, he'll play the same game in the outletstream of my internal filter.(the sumps output is a but much to enjoy, i think...) :whistle:

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Resin or real

when are we gonna get another vid of that eel ?

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Resin or real

daddadoo7 wrote: Goranothos does Fred still hang out under the tree root ?

Fred likes to sleep under the resin log (same one you have) at night. He cleared most of the sand out from under it.

He ignores it in the daytime, because if he sees a human he's begging for food.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

daddadoo7 wrote: when are we gonna get another vid of that eel ?

If you like, sooon for sure. :)
I just have to edit some pieces together, but i've been collecting a lot of footage.
I have been changing his "Cave-tubing" for wood, and now i tried a smaller piece of wood .
I taped the way he inspected the new wood and it was fun!

So update will come.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds