Ordered the new tank

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: Ordered the new tank

I finally got around to ordering the new tank today. I went with perfecto (from what I understand its marineland) black silicone. The stand and canopy are from R&J enterprises. If I am lucky I may have it as soon as monday or Tuesday. Gonna roll on paint the back of it black (outdoor latex)

Because of my back they are gonna deliver it for free and help me put it on the Stand. When talking to the manager he said he doesnt like to use shims unless it is really really off butn I thought with a tank this size (150) that it would have to be perfectly level ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Ordered the new tank

Geez.. bout time Frank! Perfectly level, like to the millimeter, no. But VERY flat for sure. I dont shim anything, I prefer the plywood/styro platform. Whatever works for ya. Black background? Ya sure? Not a fan of black, I like blue. Of course its your wallet, so I'll shut my yap!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

Yeah dave I know what ya mean feels like I've waiting forever ! Yeah I like the black better capones bars standout more. If down the road I change my mind the latex shouldn't be too hard to get off.
I never understood the Styrofoam plywood method. On both my tanks I have stryofaom between the tank and stand where does the plywood go ?

The lights and filters should be here next week. I went with two 36 inch satellite leds the filtration will be the fx6 the ac110 set up for mech and the 2217 gonna remove the fine pad and floss and add some more bio (matrix)

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

I've never used latex, just acrylic and I know that scrapes off easily. Since I build most of my stands, when I need to level I use styro then another 1/2in plywood. Makes like a sandwich. Tank can just as well sit right on the stryo though. Just another one of those whatever works for ya deals. Curious.. what do FX6 go for in your area?

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

Was looking at Marinelands website. Don't understand how to order or even look at tank sizes? Do you have to have a store locally?

I am in Canada, and got all my new Marinelands from BigAls. I can give you tank sizes if you like.. bought so many I know them all!

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Ordered the new tank

Suprd71 wrote: I've never used latex, just acrylic and I know that scrapes off easily. Since I build most of my stands, when I need to level I use styro then another 1/2in plywood. Makes like a sandwich. Tank can just as well sit right on the stryo though. Just another one of those whatever works for ya deals. Curious.. what do FX6 go for in your area?

So its basically it is the same as I've done on my other tanks except adding the plywood? So it would be tank on top of plywood, plywood on top of Styrofoam, then Styrofoam on top of stand. Fx6 was 339 could have gotten it for 310 but I like bigalspets customer service so....

Craig I ordered it from lfs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigsfish

Need to find a local dealer. The 125 was dropped off the back of truck and has huge crack all the way through it! At least I still got the 2 filters out of it! this sucks but could be worse!

Marineland website has a store locator. Punch in your zip code and there ya have it.

Tried that, nothing within 25 miles. I will find one somewhere!

How many gallon is your new tank daddadoo7?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds