Ordered the new tank

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

Suprd71 wrote: Marineland website has a store locator. Punch in your zip code and there ya have it.

hey dave remember me !!! lol
So its basically it is the same as I've done on my other tanks except adding the plywood? So it would be tank on top of plywood, plywood on top of Styrofoam, then Styrofoam on top of stand? Fx6 was 339 could have gotten it for 310 but I like bigalspets customer service so....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

never mind 150- I cant read. I'm jealous!

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

daddadoo7 wrote:

Suprd71 wrote: Marineland website has a store locator. Punch in your zip code and there ya have it.

hey dave remember me !!! lol
So its basically it is the same as I've done on my other tanks except adding the plywood? So it would be tank on top of plywood, plywood on top of Styrofoam, then Styrofoam on top of stand? Fx6 was 339 could have gotten it for 310 but I like bigalspets customer service so....

Sorry Frank.. yeah, i use the ply right under the tank. My theory on that is a solid surface under the tank equals even weight distribution. Funny, BA in Canada has FX6 for 349, maybe 369. Pretty rare that we pay less for anything.. cars, food, gas, you name it. And our taxes! Dont get me started.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Drfosterandsmith has them for 310 on sale but I like dealing with big als. ....dont worry after this one leaves office our taxes will be right up their with urs

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Ordered the new tank

Congrats on the new tank!! Can't wait to see that setup. Capone is gonna love it.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Thanks J. Trying to decide whAt to put in it. I have to provide some cover for the other fish. I really like a few peices of manzanita branches but not sure if its the best thing being that capone is so accident prone. I could always just move the resin caves in that I already have but some of them have a cheesy look to them. Definitly going to have a 1 or 2 large rocks.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Ordered the new tank

Well done Frank, looking forward to pics.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Ordered the new tank

What to put in it? MORE CLOWN LOACHES!!! Like 5 more!!! CL's are seriously one of my faves, but w/ the fish I have right now, they probably would wind up dead or on the menu.....shame, this is the longest stretch I haven't had them, but it is what it is. Maybe if I could find another 125GL on the cheap & sneak it down the basement, I could pop the Oscar in there w/ them....but that's a big "IF". :pinch:

But good luck, Frank, post a video when you get it rolling. Just watch out for that Orbic....strong in the Dark Side he is.... :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Absolutely going to add more CL's but I gotta figure out what im gonna do for cover so the others can hid from the dark one

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Ordered the new tank

Well, I don't think he'll bother the CL's too much....I did have them in w/ a Jag I used to have (RIP Butch)....they do have sub-ocular switchblades, & will use them if provoked...Butch learned QUICK not to mess w/ them...but they were a good size, maybe 6".....

Go to hardware store & get PVC pipes.....big enough that Acara & HRP can get in but Oscar can't.....Oscar generally stay at the top, but just in case he decides to pursue they have a retreat......they may turn the tables on Capone anyway, just have to keep an eye....I would put the Acara & HRP in there a day before Capone, may work better. B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds