Easy to clean gravel

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Re: Easy to clean gravel

I like the river

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

oscarmitch replied the topic: Re:Easy to clean gravel

I like the deep river. I think the tones and color's will help bring out the color of your fish.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Easy to clean gravel

Estes is the brand of all my river pebbles, so far I like it. Just thinking though.. black background, dark gravel and a darkish Oscar.. a little too dark overall?? Lighter colored pebbles maybe?

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: Easy to clean gravel

I'm surprised you didn't like the nat geo gravel. I'm now using the black nat geo gravel in (little) Thor's tank and I love it. But I also looked into the blasting sand that was mentioned on here and it looked cool.

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Easy to clean gravel

Suprd71 wrote: Estes is the brand of all my river pebbles, so far I like it. Just thinking though.. black background, dark gravel and a darkish Oscar.. a little too dark overall?? Lighter colored pebbles maybe?

I dunno maybe... but dory and the other will.stand out...I bet I wont like anything and just end up with pfs

Nyx wrote: I'm surprised you didn't like the nat geo gravel. I'm now using the black nat geo gravel in (little) Thor's tank and I love it. But I also looked into the blasting sand that was mentioned on here and it looked cool.

Was the Nat geo that u used the mini gravel ? I looked into the blasting sand and.read that some is.made from.coal

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Easy to clean gravel

I should have mentioned it sooner, but the Nat Geo black sand is what I bought. $15 for 25lbs at pet smart. I have the Nat Geo mini gravel in with my Angel fish, the sand from them is much better. I know you need to fill a large tank, but I wanted to let you know I forgot that detail lol

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Nyx replied the topic: Easy to clean gravel

I don't think, but i don't remember for sure, that what i had said mini gravel on the bag but it is a lot smaller than the normal stuff so it could be mini. but yeah that's what im using. i used 2 25ib bags in the 75.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Easy to clean gravel

Nyx wrote: I don't think, but i don't remember for sure, that what i had said mini gravel on the bag but it is a lot smaller than the normal stuff so it could be mini. but yeah that's what im using. i used 2 25ib bags in the 75.

Were u able to gravel vac it with out it getting sucked up ?

Nyx replied the topic: Re:Easy to clean gravel

https://vimeo.com/102965264

Here I had to do a water change today (actually I was a day late :( ) so I shot a quick video. Now I just put this gravel in to too long ago so you can see some of the smaller finer particles get sucked up but I'm sure after a few good gravel cleanings it'll stop.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Easy to clean gravel

Nyx wrote: https://vimeo.com/102965264

Here I had to do a water change today (actually I was a day late :( ) so I shot a quick video. Now I just put this gravel in to too long ago so you can see some of the smaller finer particles get sucked up but I'm sure after a few good gravel cleanings it'll stop.

Thanks nyx saw the vid and thats what I was worried about...maybe i can sift through the mini gravel and get smaller pebbles/paricles out and do a mini gravel and regular gravel mix...
I wanna be able to gravel vac with out screwing up the plumbing in the house

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds