Pleco

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Pleco

Yes too much of a load. An oscar in a 75 is a lot of load itself. An 8 inch pleco adds quite a bit for the size it is. I had 2 oscars and the green phantom pleco in my 125 at one point and it was just too much. I then added 5 small silver dollars that didn't really seem to add much. I was doing a 75% WC every 2 days. An oscar grows to 10-12 inches in the first year or so before they slow down but in the next year when they grow another inch or so, they put on a lot of bulk. Another inch of growth at that size will add another 50% body weight it seems. That bioload in the 75 is gonna go up a fair bit more once they start bulking up. I just wouldn't do it myself. I'm sceptical of having a pleco with my oscar in my 125. But I'm gonna go for it. Im also doing a water exchange now instead of a water change(drain and refill). I have water going in as I have water going out and I'm changing a lot more water in less time. I do about 150% water exchange at a time. But because there is no initial drain, the nitrates are not immediately cut in half as they would be with a 50% drain and refill, for example, so it's about the same as doing a 90% water change or something like that. So I'm hoping to maintain the twice a week only water exchanges even when I get the pleco.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Pleco

Wow hope this pleco doesnt break the 150 bioload wise....

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Pleco

Its difficult to find the right pleco. I like the look of them but some are just hiders and I have a rule that if I cant see it, it is just taking up resources that could be used for other fish. So I went with a rhino pleco. Very active, outgoing fish. Not super rare but at the same time not many raise them. Happy with that one in my 210g.

• Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Pleco

a pack of pictus cats can go in a 55 gal they look awesome grown

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds