New tank

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: New tank

Guys/Gals
Thw tank should be here tomorrow morning so right now im cleaning all the sponges and stuff in the fx6. Tomorrow will probably be leveling (if need be), paint the tank and get the fx hooked up, and gradually fill. I was going to run the tank with out fish for a few days then add the fish on my next set of days off from work or If everything holds through the night should I add fish the next day (thursday)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: New tank

Awesome! Cant wait to see the pics.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:New tank

I cant wait for this tank to get here man....feel like a kid on christmas eve lol.
You guys think I should run the purigen in the ac110 or the fx ? Im thinking in the ac so I could get more bio in the fx.

I use the purigen 'bag' in my AC110 and keep the canisters full of bio media. The purigen turns color pretty quick and needs to be cleaned/recharged. So I keep one in the AC110 and another to swap so that I always have one in the tank and am not having to wait on it to recharge. I only use this on my 72 gallon bowfront. I dont use any of that on my 210g but may start since I had added some large mopani and get a bit of tannins.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the new FX6 you will be using. I have the FX5 and have had them running for over 2-1/2 years with no issues. I have mine filled with SeaChem Pond Matrix and recently copied the FX6 a bit with a sponge in the top basket. I found the Eheim 2215 blue sponge fits perfect in the baskets. Pretty much all I have in the FX5's is bio-media.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Dave was rigjt about the bio media you can get allot in there...those baskets are deceiving. So far I like the purge valve I can see that being useful and like it that intake tube can be easily adjustable and the outtake is multi directional what I dont like is it looks like there is allot of bypass in the canister and cant get a grasp how the water enters through the intake tube on the bottom and is filter up through the sponges then back down through the baskets ....am i looking at this wrong ? Lol

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:New tank

daddadoo7 wrote: I cant wait for this tank to get here man....feel like a kid on christmas eve lol.
You guys think I should run the purigen in the ac110 or the fx ? Im thinking in the ac so I could get more bio in the fx.

I just run the biomax with a single sponge in my AC110, and the water has been crystal clear. I am using Chemi-pure in my Magnum and in other aqua clear. very very satisfied!

Ready to see some pics of your new tank man!

Fluvals are pretty weird in their design. But my understanding is that you want your good clean bio media in the bottom basket and the top has the coarse type filtration with the middle used for any chemical. I just have all tree baskets with matrix and a coarse Eheim sponge at the top to catch large debris and a fine blue on top of the bottom basket. Has worked well for me.

I would love to be able to own an Eheim 2262, but the fact I can have two FX6 for the same price.... it will be a very long wait.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

To me it looks like allot of room for the water to flow around the foam blocks but oh well..

How long should I let the tank run before adding the fish and the established media ?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: New tank

I usually wait 24 hrs, then add fish.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: New tank

Add water, add prime/safe stabilize the temp, move your filters/media over add fish. No need to wait.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds