INSULATING MY PUMP SPACE!

• JamJar
  • JamJar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

JamJar created the topic: INSULATING MY PUMP SPACE!

Hey guys ! :)

ok so I'm building a semi large tank this month (hopefully this week)

the stand I'm making for it will have a section underneath for the sump directly in the middle.. then to the left will be shelving and on the right is where my big ass pump will be sitting. my plan was to make the right side into a box with perfect sized holes for my pipes and then installing some insulation i have left over from a recording studio my company have just finished.

this will be fine right??? i can't see why not i mean the pump I'm using was taken off a villa and it was sitting in the sun outside so heat won't be a problem as it hits 50 deg C here the pump was untouchable when i ripped it out and it was working fine! il be putting it on rubber feet also to stop vibration.. my plan is to get this tank silent (il be killed if it makes a racket :P)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JamJar
  • JamJar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

JamJar replied the topic: INSULATING MY PUMP SPACE!

Tested this today and the pump gives off some serious heat and melted my insulation... Lol
BUT it was silent I couldn't here a thing :)

So! I've checked with the pump company that made it and they said it will be fine in the box heat won't effect the pump.. Thinking going to put a metal sheet over the insulation on the wall where the pumps fan is.

Has anyone else done this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds