Calming down a bit

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: Calming down a bit

Good news so far things seem to be calming down a bit the silver dollars did the trick the tank was empty asides from capone and dusty swimming around dory mostly hid in her little cave. Since adding the sd's capone aggression towards dory stoped now she is out all day and night which is good she's my favirote fish. Even capones attack on the untouchables (the sd's) calmed down to nothing more than a quick chase (for now) ot may be a bit over stocked but my wc schedule is pretty good and I feed lightly but this what I wanted something in my family room where the whole family could enjoy here's a vid of the peaceful tank hope it stays that way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Calming down a bit

Nice video, well done! Now is your stress meter calming down some?
BTW..how big is Capone now?

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Calming down a bit

Looks like Capone has accepted the fact he has tankmates. You might see a little aggression during feeding but likely the rest of the time should be calmer.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Calming down a bit

Capone is about 7 inches from head to tip if his tail

Just fed them and the sd's didn't eat they grabbed a few pellets and spit em out ...I have no idea what dusty is eating his belly looks full but dont see the little guy eating

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Calming down a bit

daddadoo7 wrote: I have no idea what dusty is eating his belly looks full but dont see the little guy eating

ewwww, its eating poop :laugh:

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Calming down a bit

very nice video - a school of SD will always do the job ..... and they are poop eaters also......

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Lol the world needs poop eaters tooo !

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Calming down a bit

Great to hear all is going better. I miss my silver dollars but Chaos decided to keep them all in one area and that made me not enjoy them as much and it didn't look like they were enjoying life as much any more. Chaos has not been the same since they were taken out along with the decor changes. He went from a high strung fish on caffine pellets to more laid back. He also looks out of the tank with a more inquisitive look than I've ever seen from any other Oscar or fish I've every had. And he still bangs the glass to get my attention for bloodworms and grasshoppers whenever I'm around the tank. I would recommend the silver dollars to anybody though they are great for exactly what your using them for. Have they nipped Capones tail yet? I would put romaine lettuce in a veggie clip for them and when Chaos would turn and get his tail to close while they were eating it they would move right onto his tail. lol. Made him turn back quick and give them a dirty look.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Thanks J it was very interesting to see the whole demeanor of the tank change as soon as I added the silver dollars even though Capone beat the crap out of them it brought Dory out she no longer hides and it took a little while but the silver dollar figured out if they stay away from Capone they don't get bitten what was even more interesting was to see how Capone basically claimed the entire tank for himself except for the spots that he cannot fit into and how he never bothered dusty maybe because he was so small and wasn't viewed as a threat or competition
I will definitely try feeding them lettuce I still haven't been able to get them or the green phantom to eat maybe they need to settle in

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Calming down a bit

Awesome Frank, the community tank you wanted. Those SD costly? They get like 30-40 a pop that size up here.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds