new tank :))))

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: new tank :))))

Watched that vid a few times, great specimen of male Dovii. In a 125g, and by the owners own admission, the big fella needs more space. My Jag, smaller than that Dovii has a 180 to himself and looks quite comfy in it. Big angry fish need big space, they don't get enough, they become irritated with small confines.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: new tank :))))

The Dovii is in a 600 gallon tank.

Suprd71 wrote: Watched that vid a few times, great specimen of male Dovii. In a 125g, and by the owners own admission, the big fella needs more space. My Jag, smaller than that Dovii has a 180 to himself and looks quite comfy in it. Big angry fish need big space, they don't get enough, they become irritated with small confines.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: new tank :))))

I meant the vid that UNC-CH posted. Didn't actually watch the other. Is that Guapote Mels big boy. If so, I think I read on MFK that he passed. 11 yrs old, just under 28ins and close to 8lbs

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: new tank :))))

Mea Culpa :pinch:

It is Mels fish, A big boy indeed.

Suprd71 wrote: I meant the vid that UNC-CH posted. Didn't actually watch the other. Is that Guapote Mels big boy. If so, I think I read on MFK that he passed. 11 yrs old, just under 28ins and close to 8lbs

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: new tank :))))

Yup that was Mel's fish....didn't know he passed, he did say he thought he didn't know how much longer he would be around. Shame, magnificent fish.....I would love to have had one of his fry.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds