sump and over flow question

• Gendiaaa
  • Gendiaaa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Gendiaaa created the topic: sump and over flow question

My new tank setup is 150*60*60 cm and I going to make sump for it and I wanna make the holes in the back side for the over flow box I wanna know the dimension for the holes and the over flow box and also the height of the holes for the tank bottom and the dimension of the over flow box the sump will be 100*28*38 107L please help me Cruz the glass in the work shop and the guy is waiting me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: sump and over flow question

Sorry, but I can't be of any help with that because I know nothing about overflow boxes ... haven't used them.

Someone who knows sumps and overflows will likely be able to help you soon. Since you are in Egypt, the overflow boxes might be different, so it might help if you let us know what kind of overflow box you will use (the name and model). I suspect the height and diameter of the hole(s) depends on the overflow used.

• Thank you received: 5

Sneekit replied the topic: sump and over flow question

The size of hole you want in the glass depends entirely on the size of bulkhead you have and how much flow you want between the sump and the main tank. Here in America we have our own system for measurements, and our own standards, I'm not sure what is readily available in Egypt, sorry :(

I would recommend getting the bulkhead fittings first, then drilling the glass accordingly. When it comes to sumps, I wouldn't ever go smaller than 2.5cm on the drain, and 2cm on the return. Always better to go larger on the drain. These measurements are for the pipe size. The hole will have to be slightly larger to fit a bulkhead set for that pipe size.

Remember the rubber seal goes water side when fitting bulkheads.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds