Diy sliding glass lid?

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Diy sliding glass lid?

They have such a cool Ying yang opposite pattern. The one,is 75 black 25 orange and the other vice versa ,and the new tank looks so nice. You did an awesome job for those 2 beauties.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TheLilMommaB
  • TheLilMommaB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

TheLilMommaB replied the topic: Re:Diy sliding glass lid?

Haha I never noticed that...I should change their names to Ying and Yang cuz they are always together...even though they have plenty of room to move away from each other now they still stay close all the time. You'll have to keep us posted when you get your bigger tank as you set it up. I've notice everyone here love to see each others tanks and I've already caught the addiction too :-) I'm always watching for videos of other members tanks so I can look for some new ideas to step up mine.

Stay at home mommy to 4 kids (Ana 11, Joseph 10, Alizabeth 6, and Christian 2) 11 purple pincher hermit crabs, 8 cats, 6 guppies, 2 little molly fish, 3 ferrets, 2 parrakets, 2 Oscars, 1 red eared slider, 1 cockatiel, 1 goldfish, 1 veiled chameleon, and 1 bone headed pittbull. And working with The Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Association to become a slider foster.

I have my new tank set up. My Ron and Vicky went in yesterday. I posted a video on her like a few hours ago. You should check it out

They fell victim to my ignorance and I put them in a 10 gal as babies. This forum saved their lives and all the regulars on here taught me about water testing and proper filtration and cycling.

• TheLilMommaB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

The guys here are fish life savers that's for sure...I try to tell anyone that's asking for help to listen to everyone because I know if I hadn't found this forum Ozzy and Sharron would be dead by now instead of happy.

Stay at home mommy to 4 kids (Ana 11, Joseph 10, Alizabeth 6, and Christian 2) 11 purple pincher hermit crabs, 8 cats, 6 guppies, 2 little molly fish, 3 ferrets, 2 parrakets, 2 Oscars, 1 red eared slider, 1 cockatiel, 1 goldfish, 1 veiled chameleon, and 1 bone headed pittbull. And working with The Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Association to become a slider foster.

Mine are Ron and Vicky and they r in the same boat as your ozzy and Sharon. I would have just kept them in the 10 gallon tank with a shitty over the back Walmart filter if not for finding this site and asking why they seem unhappy.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Diy sliding glass lid?

Hey LilMomma! Good to see you back on here, and even better to hear that your two O's are doing so well. Wish I could help with the lid/light situation but I'm next to hopeless with that sort of thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheLilMommaB

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Diy sliding glass lid?

I just read the bit about DIY lids.

I used this on a 5' 120 gallon, it was an old Oceanic tank and I couldn't buy lids for it. They've been in place for approx a year and work well. What size tank are you looking to make the lids for?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheLilMommaB

• TheLilMommaB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Now that I have a pretty good wc schedule going on I have a little more time to check in :-) one 75% and one 50% a week keeps my guys pretty happy :-)

• TheLilMommaB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

I think I'm going to use sliding glass and incorporate in plexiglass locks since they have started the lid bumping...I looked into building a light too but I worry about my wiring skills getting someone electrocuted so i think I'm just gonna hang a couple of light domes over it like I'm doing for my turtle and hermit crabs...then the light will also be able to stay on while I do cleaning

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds